• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should the next Animal Crossing game have a story?

Should there be a story in the next Animal Crossing Game

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'd be fine if the game had a little bit of a tutorial story similiar to New Horizons, like either for the first day or all the work we did to unlock K.K. But it should only be little bits per day too, it shouldn't change the core experience of Animal Crossing.

I'm not too crazy about a main storyline, although I do want to see more official lore for all the villagers and have each one be a bit more unique in some way. Some of them already have pretty clear lore via GameCube e-cards and Pocket Camp, but others have sort of generic lore and thus the fan lore for those villagers is all over the place.

Yeah, there's a lot of villagers in the series, but I'm pretty sure some more unique traits for each villager would be worth it.

Back