• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I restart my town?

DragonKerri

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Isabelle
Pear (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
I don't know if I should restart my town or not...I have my whole house paid off and all the shops and such but I don't like many of my villagers and I don't like my layout and I'm having a really hard time with landscaping. What do y'all think I should do?

Re-landscape your town and cycle out the villagers you don't like! It's not worth it to start a new town imo, not when you've got your house finished and all of your shops. ^^"

Idk because I started my town when I didn't know about landscaping and villager types and all the game's special attributes so part of me wants to restart just so that I can have a fresh town :/ But at the same time I love my character :(

If you don't like the layout, you can restart your town because you can't change anything at all, but you can rebuild everything. You can ask your friend to help you keep the money and stuff that you want to keep and restart the whole thing. Cycling villagers not a lot of work, but after cycling, there will be a lot of weeds on the ground. I prefer to restart the town since you can enjoy the game again.

The layout won't change, no matter how you landscape. If it was just that you didn't like the villagers, I wouldn't recommend restarting. They'll all eventually move away. But since the map is bad, you should probably start over and choose a map you really like. Trust me; if you're thinking about it now, you'll keep thinking about it.

The layout won't change, no matter how you landscape. If it was just that you didn't like the villagers, I wouldn't recommend restarting. They'll all eventually move away. But since the map is bad, you should probably start over and choose a map you really like. Trust me; if you're thinking about it now, you'll keep thinking about it.

So true. Honestly, think of some reasons to restart and some reasons not to, and if you can think of more reasons to restart then you probably should. I think in the back of your mind you have your answer, tbh. Restarting can make a town fresh and new and more exciting. But yea, if you're thinking about it, you're probably going to keep thinking about it. It's nagging and doesn't really go away. :(

Back