• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I restart..? (I feel guilty)

TearGod

Bells
So..I admit it, I've time traveled. I really *really* did not want to time travel but I finally did it yesterday. Only reason I did it was to make money at the island farming beetles...Because at night is when I like to play my MMO game RuneScape and I prefer to play ACNL in the morning/afternoons.

I didn't make too much while farming the beetles, I made 1 trip for maybe a good 150k or so and I also got a silver watering can by resetting and time traveling as well. As for store items and Nintendo items I didn't buy many store items only ones for my house that interested me though I did purchase cookies each time I time traveled for the silver watering can although I didn't sell any yet.

All the Nintendo items I got from it are sitting in my locker.

So what do you guys think? Should I reset my game start a new? Or maybe to right my wrong, give away the Nintendo items I got from time traveling and not profit off of them?

If that's how you prefer to play, who cares? It's not like you're bragging about the items you got. Do what you feel is right.

what time do you like to play in the morning? beetles are on the island until 8 am!

but anyway, i dont think theres anything wrong with tting. personally i dont like to do it myself, but i mean thats just my play style so?? it doesnt really matter i dont think!! anyone can play the way they want to, do what feels best ^u^

I like to play at 9:00am up until maybe 2:00pm not in one sitting, but a few hours in between that time frame.

If you are happy with your character, town map etc then I REALLY wouldn't recommend restarting. If you feel guilty just go back to the current date and go from there. You could also mail the Nintendo items to your favorite villagers to get rid of them :) Or just keep em.

It's not bad, allot of Animal Crossing players do it, but if you really feel bad you could always just do away with the items you got from the island and throw away the bells.
There's no need to destroy your entire town because of one time-traveling trip! :)

what? no? it's your game. i TT a ton and that's nobody's business but mine.... and tons of people do! i just prefer to play the game that way and always have. there's barely a stigma attached to it these days anyway, even people who don't TT are generally fine with it. just play the game how you want and who cares what other people think?

it's not like you can time travel a year ahead and immediately get a perfect town and perfect house. you still have to put in a lot of time and effort to do those things regardless of whether or not you TT.

I agree with hijessicarose, if you get enjoyment out of it you shouldn't feel bad for doing it. TT is a practical way to get through the game for people with busy or particular playing schedules like yourself.

If the reason for your guilt is because you think time traveling is frowned upon by other people, then it definitely isn't worth it. If you feel bad because you know you should have waited because it's what you want, though, then maybe restarting is the only way you'll get rid of that feeling of guilt and move on with the game while feeling fully satisfied with yourself and your file.

I suggest you try "time-shifting" rather than TT. If you adjust the clock so that it's evening/night in the game in the morning of real life, the clock will keep on your own personal timezone that better fits your schedule(the Night Owl ordinance may help, as well.)

Thanks for the responses everybody, am just feeling a bit overwhelmed with guilt is all for doing it. Like a previous poster said no need to kill my whole town and everything else I achieved before that just because of one Time Travel trip. And I can't kill my villagers, I'd feel so bad.

Back