Switch
2334-1895-1315
Happy Home Designer Token
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Pokéball
Cake
Yes, another one of those threads. But there's no where else to put it, so don't complain about it. If this needs to be moved, mods, feel free to move it.

So, when I got my game on June 18th, I was so excited. I just wanted to jump right in, and I picked my map and town name willy-nilly. I didn't mind at first, but now I'm beginning to realize that my town map isn't really to my liking and I don't like the name. But I've put a lot of effort into landscaping and getting a few of my dream villagers. Should I reset? I mean, I've gotten so far in the game with my house, and turnips, and everything...

I mean, I can, of course, get people to hold my furniture, use the TTing trick so they can take my dream villagers/give them back to me, and hold my hybrids. But is it really worth it? Post your thoughts here. If you don't care then don't post.

Cons(of current map):

Re-Tail much too far to the north
My house is in a bad spot
I don't like the name Sunville, I'd rather name it Snowhill or Snowlake

Cons(of reseting):
Need to regain things on Main Street
All progress is lost

Last edited:
It sounds like you've put more than average effort into your town. Would you be willing to acquire all your dreamies again, or would you just take what the game throws at you? Because that's a whole lot of work. The landscaping/hybrid breeding can be done somewhat easily. Takes time, sure, but it's really just a matter of time. But if it bothers you to the point of regretting it every day, maybe a restart would be best.

Like I said, I can use the reset trick to give my dreamies to people to hold(if they are willing to TT for them to move back out quickly) and they can give them back. Landscaping was difficult, but I think it's easier when the town map is new and fresh, without all the trees. People can hold Bells and certain furniture sets(Sweets and Balloon), so yeah, it may be for the best to reset...

I'd still like other people's opinions. If you voted in the poll, please post with your opinion.

Last edited:
You should keep your town. Otherwise, let someone hold your items. If I'm free I'll hold some of them :)

I think restarting might take some fun out of the game, having to do everything all over again(especially the pwps). If I restarted I know I would regret it, and Sunville is a pretty nice town name to me:).

Last edited:
I don't know what you should do. It is always hard deciding if you want to reset. If you work hard, you could get everything back, and you would have the town name and layout you want. Like you said, people can hold on to the important stuff for you.

Yeah, it's just not exactly original.

I never did many PWPs and they won't make me regret anything. While the poll says I shouldn't, I will most likely restart for the sake of a terrible map.

If anyone has room/time to hold my accomplished dream villagers while I'm reseting, please PM me. I haven't decided yet but just in case. I'll also need people to hold furniture and Bells.

Yeah, it's just not exactly original.

I never did many PWPs and they won't make me regret anything. While the poll says I shouldn't, I will most likely restart for the sake of a terrible map.

If anyone has room/time to hold my accomplished dream villagers while I'm reseting, please PM me. I haven't decided yet but just in case. I'll also need people to hold furniture and Bells.

I would offer to hold your hybrids, but I won't have wifi that my 3ds can connect to for a while.

Alright. Another reason is I want to start a new blog for a new town and it's odd making a blog for a town that's existed for nearly two months now.

That reminds me, Scribbler. If I do reset and make a blog, can you help me set it up?

Alright. Another reason is I want to start a new blog for a new town and it's odd making a blog for a town that's existed for nearly two months now.

That reminds me, Scribbler. If I do reset and make a blog, can you help me set it up?

What do you mean? Do you mean a Blogger blog? All you need to do is have a gmail account and then sign in on the blogger website. Then there is a big start a blog button. From there you just follow their instructions, and use their pre made templates. Super simple! I love using blogger because it is so easy. :)

Hey, I thought i'd add in though you can TT to make your villager move to another town, you'd have to TT through another cycle of 16 villagers before being able to get that same villager again. :) You can reset if you'd like but I think you sound very dedicated to your town and can make do with what you have. I'm sure there will be a shark or some hacking/cheat sort to change your name someday, maybe.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I'm not a big fan of sharks and hacking though.

I don't feel like going through the cycle as it takes much too long, and the villager TTing trick makes it much quicker.

@Scribbler: No, I just need your help designing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I'm not a big fan of sharks and hacking though.

I don't feel like going through the cycle as it takes much too long, and the villager TTing trick makes it much quicker.

@Scribbler: No, I just need your help designing it.

The design of my blog is just a template. The picture in the background is one of standard ones that you can select from. All I did was change the fonts.

Oh, well I'll need a name. xD

So, yes. My poll says that I should not restart. While I want to use them based on their opinions, I need to think about this with my most trusted friends.

If you are a close friend of mine, expect a PM soon.

Do you mind if you post your town map for us to see? C:

If you think you're going to enjoy the game more by restarting, I'd say go for it! I did it, beacuse I didn't like my town map, where things were placed, villagers and now that I've restarted, I enjoy playing a lot more now! :D As long as you've got a friend that can hold your bells, furniture ect. ^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back