Serious Talk on Sex -Keep It Mature! description about a manga now added

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of having sex with a kidney infection killing you! Sounds weird to me!

It is true that you can get kidney and urinal infections through things other than sex. I had a really bad one earlier this year, my kidneys were in such distress that they took fluids from my eyes and my brain! That is extreme though, normally it hurts to pee etc. you can also get something called cystitis which makes you want to pee all the time but you can't go and it stings like a you know what! They call it honeymoon disease as you often get it when you are having lots of sex. Peeing after sex helps and you can buy sachets of powder that you mix with water and drink which helps to reduce the acidity in your pee which relieves the pain.
Never heard of tea causing it! I drink a crazy amount of tea and have no issues there! Maybe it's certain people or certain tea?

You can literally die from almost anything. Having sex with someone with a kidney infection isn't going to blow up the chances, but if the partner has something (even something minor) that puts extra load on already infected kidneys, they're gonna have a bad time. It's common sense.

Earlier this year I was in the hospital for a plethora of issues and my liver started shutting down. Theoretically it's the same thing basically, part of the immune system. If I were to come into contact with someone that had something, it would have finished the job.

Kidneys and Liver are nothing to mess around with. If you're sick, don't fool around. It's not worth it.

I have never heard of having sex with a kidney infection killing you! Sounds weird to me!

It is true that you can get kidney and urinal infections through things other than sex. I had a really bad one earlier this year, my kidneys were in such distress that they took fluids from my eyes and my brain! That is extreme though, normally it hurts to pee etc. you can also get something called cystitis which makes you want to pee all the time but you can't go and it stings like a you know what! They call it honeymoon disease as you often get it when you are having lots of sex. Peeing after sex helps and you can buy sachets of powder that you mix with water and drink which helps to reduce the acidity in your pee which relieves the pain.
Never heard of tea causing it! I drink a crazy amount of tea and have no issues there! Maybe it's certain people or certain tea?

Maybe certain age group, too.
I mean, I was like 5 or younger when it gave me 1 twice.
Like how you don't give babies apple juice but younger kids can do just fine with apple juice kinda thing. XP
But still, if you have one it maybe better to avoid tea just in case. XP

Thanks everyone. I didn't think you could die but just wanted to make sure.
Oh another thing I read is that if you are on antibiotics for a kidney infection make sure you definitely use a condom because the antibiotics can mess up things like the pill and depo so all that contraception doesn't work. I have only read this so I don't know if it's a fact but best to be safe anyway because those antibiotics do mess with you.

My mum gets Cystitis if she drinks too much tea, but she's fine if she drinks it in moderate amounts.

I've heard that cranberry juice and baking soda (not necessarily together, although I wouldn't recommend actually using baking soda as I've done that before when I had Cystitis and man... stuff's gross.) also help as it "cleans out" the Cystitis. I think it just makes you pee, thus getting rid of the infection. And from what I've read you should avoid tea when you have it, as I remember because of the caffeine in it (you shouldn't drink or eat anything with caffeine in it when you have a UTI).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks everyone. I didn't think you could die but just wanted to make sure.
Oh another thing I read is that if you are on antibiotics for a kidney infection make sure you definitely use a condom because the antibiotics can mess up things like the pill and depo so all that contraception doesn't work. I have only read this so I don't know if it's a fact but best to be safe anyway because those antibiotics do mess with you.

That's true! Antibiotics can indeed mess up the way the pill works, but you're best asking your Doctor about that if you're prescribed them as there are tons of different kinds of pills that work differently. I'm not sure how it is with other things like the implant so you may want to ask a Doctor or someone else may come along and shed light on that!

One last bump.
Also remember you can always pm me if it's something you don't want anyone to know about.

Oh and everyone let me know if you have anymore useful links.

Last edited:
Okie I am once again embarrassed to post in this thread. I was going to PM another girl here but I don't want to be a bother, so here i will just brush my embarrassment off and ask away. ><

A few days after I asked my first question here (I think that's like a month ago now?), I managed to get a tiny vibrator and a small bottle of lube. The vibrator is small, just a little bit bigger than my index finger at most.

When I first posted in this thread, I said that I could only rub down there but never inserted any fingers. I was able to change that and it felt great but for some reason I am scared to do the same with the vibrator. I have discovered that just letting the vibrator vibrate on top of my... >< clit feels great, but I really am scared of putting the vibrator in. Is this normal? I had spent a long time looking for a starting vibrator small enough to what I think will feel good but even then I don't dare to put it in. It feels like it's going to slide right in with the lube but even then I just can't. I want to experience this, but I don't know why I am scared of doing it.

I really want to get on contraception soon, but the Pill (think it was millinette) made me go crazy and depressed (so I stopped taking it). So I was thinking getting the coil (IUD), but I've heard horror stories about when they first go in and getting 3 month periods and stuff, and it's around exam time and straight after (beginning of June) I'm going backpacking so I really don't want a crazy-long period!
So my other option would maybe be the mini pill or the implant.
Anyone have any experience with these?

I really want to get on contraception soon, but the Pill (think it was millinette) made me go crazy and depressed (so I stopped taking it). So I was thinking getting the coil (IUD), but I've heard horror stories about when they first go in and getting 3 month periods and stuff, and it's around exam time and straight after (beginning of June) I'm going backpacking so I really don't want a crazy-long period!
I'm probably not the best person to answer this question because the only contraception I've ever had any experiences with is the pill. I think maybe you just got a type that doesn't work with your body. Because I use the pill as well and never really had any crazy reaction. But everyone is different, so you have to find something that's right for you. I've read things about the mini pill perhaps it'll be fine if you want it to just control your periods, but when used for birth control it's not as great as the normal pill. Because I've heard you have to take it at the exact time every single day. The normal pill is a bit more forgiving. Anyways good luck finding a method that's right for you. But I'd seriously think you should just talk to your doctor about your strange symptoms, and maybe he/she can prescribe you to something different. c:

Last edited:
i take the pill and it stops me growing facial hair :)

lauren has a contraception implant i think??? i'm pre sure thats not the IUD so maybe u could try that??

You should go see your doctor about this and talk to him/her. I know people who have had bad experences with the pill and have been given a different one. Even though the one you're taking right now doesn't work so well for you there are others that could work fine. I don't know much about the coil besides the fact that even the name of it freaks me out but the experience I had with the implant wasn't good. I was contantly having periods so I had to take the pill with it just to stop myself bleeding. I'm not exagertaing either because the periods litterally wouldn't stop at all until I took the pill. My sister had the same problem with me but other people I know didn't have any problems with it. What works for one person may not work for another person. The one I'm on right now is the depo (injection) and it's worked so well for me I haven't had any periods since I started having this one done.

My advice would be just to get your doctor to prescribe you a different pill for now instead of getting a long term contraception. At least until your exams are finished and then experiment with other contraceptions. That way you know that you won't have a long side effect and it can be stopped easily.

When I think of the coil:

single-strand-barbed%20wire-in-coil.jpg

Speak with your doctor. There so many different types of BC pills that it is insane from name brands to generics to slight ingredient changes to who knows what.
It may have been a specific ingredient that was inside that pill that effected you negatively.
Knowing the name of the pill and the time line of when things started "going down hill" definitely helps doctors pin-point what may have caused that side effect.

Also, any medications you already take can cause adverse side effects or can worsen already there side effects.

For myself, any of the BC pills with estrogen is a big no-no since it can triggers migraines in myself.
And I just got put on new medication for my migraines that even says in it's little booklet that it makes BC less effective if it is ingested orally ((meaning if I was talking BC pills that would be much less effect with my current medication)) ... So it is very important to ask questions.

I am currently on the shot. Which does have a lot of the bleeding problem you are worried about with "the coil" ((which btw I have never heard of it called that XP)) but I can tell you with the shot, I bleed every. single. day. for the first 90-120 so days ((avg is I think 60-90 to have spotting almost every day?)) but it was not like period bleeding. It was like I could wear a panty liner all day or maybe have to change it once all day and be fine kinda thing.
On a side note :: BUT DON'T DO THAT. Any time you use the restroom, always change panty liners/pads even if they aren't full. ^^'

But if you ask your doctor, the bleeding that you are worried about, maybe just a small spotting problem... not full blown period bleeding.
I also refuse to go onto the IUD or the Implant ((arm))... I know people who have had them and I also have done my own research into them. Because I have chronic migraines... most BC is unsafe for myself because I have a very extreme risk of it giving me stroke... even being only in my early 20's. ^^' IUD, Implant, and Shot were things labeled kinda "safe" for me and put onto the table.

With the IUD and Implant COMPARED to the Shot, if you would get pregnant ((which these three are said to be more effective than pill/patch since it is easier for other things to influence the effectiveness of the pill/patch)) that is is more likely to be a tubal. Which... dealing with a tubal pregnancy is a huge mess and I'm already tocaphobic. I doubt I could mentally or emotionally handle something like that.
That was a big determining factor for me going with the shot instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back