• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Sanrio amiibo cards discussions

toenuki

do the mario
Bells
So I heard that the Sanrio cards are getting new uses (cant confirm tho) which raises the age old question of WILL THEY BRING THE VILLAGERS BACK

do you think they will? and IF THEY WERE TO BRING IN NEW ONES, Who would you want? I want someone based on Kuromi and Tuxedo Sam
Post automatically merged:

i still wish they put the actual characters in instead of a gorilla cosplayer but oh well💀

Last edited:
I do think they’re bringing back the Sanrio villagers when the Amiibo cards come out (or at least a few weeks beforehand, IDK when specifically the next update’s coming out aside from in March), given they updated some of their data in the most recent update.

Which is nice, considering the fact the furniture’s pretty cool?

(also, is the cool-paint flooring that’s already in the game the same as one as the floorings for one of the Sanrio things in NL?)

(also, is the cool-paint flooring that’s already in the game the same as one as the floorings for one of the Sanrio things in NL?)
Oh god now that you say it... it's true! It is really really similar to the flooring from Chai's set! Fingers crossed they give us the sets! They look amazing :)
cool-paint-flooring.2c48a23.png

The only thing that gives me hope that they might be bringing the villagers back as well is that it’s re-releasing near the game’s anniversary so they might pull a surprise. If not the villagers, at least the furniture. I honestly don’t think they’re releasing it again just for us to get a bunch of posters.

I'm really hoping they bring the villagers back, I think the fact that the cards are coming back is a good sign that the villagers will return and it would be a good way to celebrate the one year anniversary of the game (if it were to tie into the March update). Generally it hasn't really bothered me that the villagers don't accurately represent the animal/character they represent but I do think a gorilla was a poor choice to represent Hello Kitty, Rilla is probably the only Sanrio villager I actually dislike as I just think she looks a little strange to me.

As for new ones I'd like any Wish Me Mell character, I'd be pleased with any of them but I'd particularly like Mell, Poco or Lou - though Poco would have to be represented by a different animal due to not having panda villagers though I think a cub could be quite a good representation. I doubt they'll add new Sanrio villagers unfortunately but I'll keep wishing and in the meantime I'll be grateful to have the original ones return (working on the assumption that they are returning)

Oh my god, I hope they’re bringing it all back! I’d really love the furniture to come back, particularly the Little Twin Stars and Pompompurin sets. I remember back before NH released when everyone thought the Sanrio furniture would be back due to the star wand looking an awful lot like the Kiki & Lala wand from NL.

As for the villagers, they’re a little too gimmicky for my taste, but I know so many people would love to see them. Personally I think it’s safe to say we’ll be getting the items and villagers back... would Nintendo really waste their time reprinting the cards just for some posters? I don’t know— maybe it’s just extremely wishful thinking, but I really do think we’ll see the Sanrio furniture/villagers make their return.

I hope they're bringing the villagers themselves back, it would be such bad optics to re-release cards that (as of right now) only give posters in NH.

I would love a badtz maru or gudetama villager, lol. Aggretsuko would also be hilarious but I don't see that happening 😅

I don't think they are, this is just Nintendo re-issuing the production of them. They aren't new cards and the Sanrio Cards are already compatible with ACNH.

You just get a Sanrio/AC crossover themed poster.

I don't want the villagers really, even though I have the cards, and did have Etoile in NL. :)

(Would rather MH ana Zelda villagers like Felyne and Epona)

I have no interest in the Sanrio villagers at all, but I think it would be pretty disappointing for Nintendo to tease the cards and then not actually include the villagers for those who want them. It would also be nice if they set a precedent for adding to the villager pool.

I would love to have the Sanrio villagers. It's sad that those of us who only have had New Horizons missed out on them and a lot NPCs. I don't want to have to buy an old system and old game. I'd rather that the New Horizons team keep adding back interesting characters and content.

No I don't think they are coming back.
Its just a reprint.

Unless they changed it, the cards still said new leaf on them.

I have two thoughts about this:

1. Like others have mentioned, the optics of re-releasing the cards and not the villagers does seem strange by normal standards.

However,

2. I could totally see Nintendo re-releasing the cards and not the villagers. They are unpredictable and some of their decisions as a company do not always make sense.

I'm also not getting my hopes up about the items and villagers being re-released. I think Nintendo is just re-releasing the cards to meet a supply need. I also don't think the cards ever got an official US release, so the re-release might just be solving that issue, too. I remember I had to order my cards from a shop called GAME in the UK. I think the shipping cost more than the cards haha. The secondhand price on the authentic cards is ridiculous, like $40-$50 a card, and unlike normal villager Amiibo cards, you don't even get anything other than a poster. There's clearly a demand, and that's money Nintendo is losing out on.

I would totally love to be proven wrong, though. I still play New Leaf (not as often as New Horizons, but often enough), and those are some of my favorite items.

I think they will add back the Sanrio villager when the cards are out but I don't have my hopes too high. Maybe they're just releasing them since they re released regular amiibo cards a few months back. I really hope they do add them back as well as some of the furniture that comes with them. Where I live my game store has just put them up for pre order so I've already pre ordered mine and im excited for them to release. The release date here is March 26 so I wonder if thats worldwide or only here, it would fit in with the anniversary date being March 20 so maybe they're adding them in as an anniversary thing but honestly I dont know

i really hope they do, i've never had etoile or chelsea since i rarely play NL anymore and when i do, i keep forgetting to scan their cards in 😅

i do have chai though and i'd love to have her back and as i've mentioned many times before, i reallyyyy want wolf link back
he's my favourite smug and i would actually boot raymond to make room for him 😂

If they brought back the sanrio villagers I’d want the gorilla. She’s cute af idc.

I would assume the villagers would be brought back but I felt like the pulling point was their furniture and clothes. However, I don't see how it will be brought into acnh since it was all about their little camper vans.

Back