• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rune Factory 4 Special

ReanimatedSorceress

Local Monstergirl
Bells
User Title Color Change
Rune Factory 4 is one of my favorite games ever so I'm really happy to see that it is now on the switch, and thought I'd make a thread for general discussion of it. I figured this forum was bound to have fans of this series as well.

If you enjoy Stardew Valley, definitely check this game out.

YES! I love the RF series :) I played as female protagonist and dated Arthur lol though I never triggered the town events enough to access the marriage thing. My favourite aspects of the game are dungeon crawling and recruiting new monsters!

Rune Factory 4 is such an amazing game with so many amazing characters. I adore Dylan and Doug’s constant banter throughout the game and Leon is absolutely beautiful.

Dolce as well tho tbh Bado was one of my favorites overall. I wished he was an option for marriage.

I got the special edition for my birthday and I really want to start it sometime soon.

( Also I think the makers announced a potential Rune Factory 5 after saying they wouldn’t make anymore so I’m super excited. )

aah I love the rune factory series! I have so many memories with it 🥰 from 4 my favorites were Leon and Dylas :>

I'm dying for them to reveal something on rf 5, since they first announced it last February :[

omg I love the rune factory series, the gameplay, the character, the story, I love it all! It's such a shame that its barely known over in the west ;-; Hopefully RF5 on the switch will help fix that? Guess only time will tell.

As for Rune Factory 4, I think its the best of the series so far! There's so many good characters and good marriage candidates no matter if you pick boy or girl ;-;

I also find the crafting and farming systems so cool, and probably the best I've seen in this genre of games. It's just so detailed!

Also Amber is the cutest and must be protected

If any of you are interested in other Rune Factory games and haven't played them, I can recommend Frontier and Rune Factory 3, but the rest are, in my opinion, simply not as good as. Not to be a downer, just my opinion.

I have 4S, but kinda found the start slow and didn't really know what I was doing, and then Animal Crossing came out and haven't really picked it back up again since.

I have 4S, but kinda found the start slow and didn't really know what I was doing, and then Animal Crossing came out and haven't really picked it back up again since.

The start is definitely a little slow, but it doesn't take much grinding to start getting where you need to be. Focus on crafting good equipment first, because eventually enemy drops will be garbage.

I’ve had a lot fun playing RF4 Special so far! Whether you play as a boy or a girl, the marriage candidates are fantastic. Each one is so different from the last. If I had choose my favorite characters, they’d be Arthur, Vishnal, Margaret, and Xiao Pai. I haven’t made a lot of progress though because of New Horzions and Persona 5 Royal.

I’ve had a lot fun playing RF4 Special so far! Whether you play as a boy or a girl, the marriage candidates are fantastic. Each one is so different from the last. If I had choose my favorite characters, they’d be Arthur, Vishnal, Margaret, and Xiao Pai. I haven’t made a lot of progress though because of New Horzions and Persona 5 Royal.

I really hope RF5 let's you romance the same gender. It's cool that you can unlock the ability to swap character models at least, but it's definitely antiquated.

Reactions: Neb
i also think it would be cool if they add some type of multiplayer option!

If any of you are interested in other Rune Factory games and haven't played them, I can recommend Frontier and Rune Factory 3, but the rest are, in my opinion, simply not as good as. Not to be a downer, just my opinion.
Frontier OMG! I have been playing RF4 on the 3DS for so long I FORGOT about Frontier! That game was so good! Oh man, I wish that one was ported to the Switch

I’ve always wanted to play Rune Factory as I have only heard great things about the series. Thinking about picking it up. Isn’t there a 5th RF game coming out soon?

Hi there! I would love to get this game! But I also heard that Rune Factory 5 is coming out in 2020? Should I get both or wait till Rune Factory 5 comes out? Thank you for your help!

Hi there! I would love to get this game! But I also heard that Rune Factory 5 is coming out in 2020? Should I get both or wait till Rune Factory 5 comes out? Thank you for your help!
Being that we know nothing about RF5 I'd still recommend 4 personally simply on the grounds that it's probably the best game in the series.

Rune Factory
Rune Factory
Rune Factory

In all seriousness, besides Animal Crossing the Rune Factory series is my absolute favourite series from Nintendo. I fully played 4 for the 3DS as the female character and I'm doing another play throu as the Male character cause I want to marry Dolce or Forte, I'm stuck. I really enjoyed 4 so much and I have it for the Switch. In my female play throu I married Dylas cause I like grouchy tropes lol. I like how he grew out of that the better I got to know him and opened up. But with my Special play throu I think I'm going to marry Leon, who was my second choice after Dylas.

I was so surprised when I found out Vishnal was one of the 'unpopular' bachelors, he's really nice so I thought more people would like him. He's also very easy to befriend, unlike Dylas and Dolce who's heart levels have to be higher than the others in order to date them.

I'm excited to see what new things were added in Special, and it gives me a chance to do other options I missed out on in the original.

Rune Factory
Rune Factory
Rune Factory

In all seriousness, besides Animal Crossing the Rune Factory series is my absolute favourite series from Nintendo. I fully played 4 for the 3DS as the female character and I'm doing another play throu as the Male character cause I want to marry Dolce or Forte, I'm stuck. I really enjoyed 4 so much and I have it for the Switch. In my female play throu I married Dylas cause I like grouchy tropes lol. I like how he grew out of that the better I got to know him and opened up. But with my Special play throu I think I'm going to marry Leon, who was my second choice after Dylas.

I was so surprised when I found out Vishnal was one of the 'unpopular' bachelors, he's really nice so I thought more people would like him. He's also very easy to befriend, unlike Dylas and Dolce who's heart levels have to be higher than the others in order to date them.

I'm excited to see what new things were added in Special, and it gives me a chance to do other options I missed out on in the original.
I feel like I wrote this hahaha!! My female character was the exact same for the same reasons, and I somehow accidentally started the Vishnal romance events because of how easy it was for him to like you. Leon was also my second choice. I never did a male playthrough, but I always wanted to try to marry Dolce if I did.

Back