• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rumour: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Prequel

Oh, I heard the next CoD would be a crappy third person shooter. :/

Yay for Infinity Ward!

Same engine... really?
People are complaining now, "Bawww, Black ops is getting boring already. It sucks!"
It doesn't. The game itself, from a technical standpoint, is amazing. But the reason everyone's already getting bored of it is because we've played essentially the same game four times.
CoD4- Revolutionary for its time, basic structure for the rest of the CoD series.
WaW- CoD 4 in WW2, but with party glitches and zombies.
MW2- CoD 4 with a few updates and a ton of bull*censored.2.0* dolloped on.
Black Ops- Essentially MW2 with the bull*censored.2.0* removed.

And now we learn that they're making yet another, "Safe" game. For God's sake Infinity Ward, the reason everyone loved CoD4 was because it was so radically different than anything to come before. Please, take your time, take 3 years for all I care, to make something different.

Pear said:
Same engine... really?
People are complaining now, "Bawww, Black ops is getting boring already. It sucks!"
It doesn't. The game itself, from a technical standpoint, is amazing. But the reason everyone's already getting bored of it is because we've played essentially the same game four times.
CoD4- Revolutionary for its time, basic structure for the rest of the CoD series.

And now we learn that they're making yet another, "Safe" game. For God's sake Infinity Ward, the reason everyone loved CoD4 was because it was so radically different than anything to come before. Please, take your time, take 3 years for all I care, to make something different.
Bobby Kodick says he wants his yearly releases on time.

Pear said:
Same engine... really?

Preach it, bro.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Makes me sick when people play cod only for mulitiplayer.
I know. In my view, campaign is really the only thing that kept me playing MW2 before Black ops. And I still play campaign in black ops more than multiplayer.....

K.K.Slider said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
I know. In my view, campaign is really the only thing that kept me playing MW2 before Black ops. And I still play campaign in black ops more than multiplayer.....
I would still be playing Black ops campaign if the *censored.3.0*ing achievements weren't glitched!!!!!!

SSgt. Garrett said:
K.K.Slider said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
I would still be playing Black ops campaign if the *censored.3.0*ing achievements weren't glitched!!!!!!
Am i the only one who isnt affected by glitched achievements

SSgt. Garrett said:
That's funny, because the last three Call of Duty games have some of the lowest-quality single player gameplay I've ever seen.

Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
K.K.Slider said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
According to the internet very few aren't. The only to get it I think is to do it all in one go.

@trevor Opinions! CoD 2, MW1, Black Ops and MW2 all have amazing stories.
Now I'm not saying PLAY STORY EVERYDAY ON VET! I hate it when these "MLG l33t pros don't even bother with it in the slightest.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
K.K.Slider said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
According to the internet very few aren't. The only to get it I think is to do it all in one go.
I actaully skipped rebirth island using 3arc unlock and i still got the the trophy when i revisited the level....

Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
I actaully skipped rebirth island using 3arc unlock and i still got the the trophy when i revisited the level....
You just said trophy... 360 is the one with the problem I think.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Animefan said:
XBOX 360 SUX THEN LOLOLOLOL

Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Animefan said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
XBOX 360 SUX THEN LOLOLOLOL
Valve games are the worst offender.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Now I'm not saying PLAY STORY EVERYDAY ON VET! I hate it when these "MLG l33t pros don't even bother with it in the slightest.
:O

That's clever! Who'd have thought that my opinion was an opinion? Thanks for pointing that out.

I liked Modern Warfare's story, but Modern Warfare 2's story was a rushed-out piece of garbage. They took every gimmick they had in CoD4 and basically just doubled it. No nuance, no intrigue. The stories to begin with are pretty boilerplate military fiction. I will also say that I thought Black Ops's story was by far the most interesting. But, if you want a good story in an action game, Call of Duty is not the best place to find it.

However, I'm not talking about the story. I'm talking about the gameplay. It is quite obvious that the single player game environment is engineered from the starting point of the multiplayer. The game's combat style is simply not suited for the type of environment and AI that the single player game has, demonstrated by the fact that the developers saw the need to allow the game to practically aim for you. Additionally, the way the game is often kept afloat by gameplay gimmicks littered throughout the missions makes me often feel like I'm in a long, extended cutscene.

I really don't know who you're talking about when you say "MLG l33t pros", because it seems like you're not actually referring to anyone. But you seem to have quite the personal investment in the way others play what is, essentially, glorified and popular shovelware.

Id say WAW had the best campaign it was quite sad when roebuck or polonsky died and it had co-op.....
actually why has campaign co op been taken out?
Its like a step back...

fpsmap.png

*trevor said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
:O

That's clever! Who'd have thought that my opinion was an opinion? Thanks for pointing that out.

I liked Modern Warfare's story, but Modern Warfare 2's story was a rushed-out piece of garbage. They took every gimmick they had in CoD4 and basically just doubled it. No nuance, no intrigue. The stories to begin with are pretty boilerplate military fiction. I will also say that I thought Black Ops's story was by far the most interesting. But, if you want a good story in an action game, Call of Duty is not the best place to find it.

However, I'm not talking about the story. I'm talking about the gameplay. It is quite obvious that the single player game environment is engineered from the starting point of the multiplayer. The game's combat style is simply not suited for the type of environment and AI that the single player game has, demonstrated by the fact that the developers saw the need to allow the game to practically aim for you. Additionally, the way the game is often kept afloat by gameplay gimmicks littered throughout the missions makes me often feel like I'm in a long, extended cutscene.

I really don't know who you're talking about when you say "MLG l33t pros", because it seems like you're not actually referring to anyone. But you seem to have quite the personal investment in the way others play what is, essentially, glorified and popular shovelware.
trevor said:
That's funny, because the last three Call of Duty games have some of the lowest-quality single player gameplay I've ever seen.
You seemed to be saying that as a fact.

MW2 Story is my 3rd favorite, re-playable missions and they had some pretty shocking twists imo. Black ops was extremely interesting. I know CoD isn't the Single player standard that's not was I was trying to solicit.

The "gimmicks" are to make the game interesting instead of just going from A to B shooting people. My definition of a "MLG l33t pro" is the kind of people who devote themselves to mulitplayer and mulitplayer only. I know multiple people who only play CoD 4, WaW, Black Ops, MW2, and other FPS without ever touching the single player experiences of any of the games.

trevor said:
But you seem to have quite the personal investment in the way others play what is, essentially, glorified and popular shovelware.
What?

Back