• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

RP in AC?

lunaoflavender

Bells
Does anyone here ever do RP stuff with your characters/islands? I've been thinking more and more about doing this with my own - maybe threading it into a larger story of my own canon. (Sorry if this has been talked about before; I created a new account after not really being here for years lol.)

Does anyone here ever do RP stuff with your characters/islands? I've been thinking more and more about doing this with my own - maybe threading it into a larger story of my own canon. (Sorry if this has been talked about before; I created a new account after not really being here for years lol.)
I like to make stories. To why the characters are there sometimes.

My current about to be new island is going to have a 4 season theme. Brother Wynter is scouting the island and making it ready for his sister's Spring Summer and Autumn who will be following him. Each season will get full control of the island before retiring to their individual quarter once their season has past as they go dormant. We'll mostly I will still pull them out in occasions such as festivals and stuff but they will take the back seat. As their task is to bring their season to the island.

Oh, that's really cool! I'd love to hear more about that sometime when it's up and going.

I was thinking of making a second island I'm working on be mostly for RP. Maybe fantasy/medieval fantasy to some degree? Was curious if people would be interested in doing something like that sometime. :)

Oh, that's really cool! I'd love to hear more about that sometime when it's up and going.

I was thinking of making a second island I'm working on be mostly for RP. Maybe fantasy/medieval fantasy to some degree? Was curious if people would be interested in doing something like that sometime. :)
We will see how it goes. You can probably catch it in my journal since I am restarting my island.

And what do you have in mind exactly

We will see how it goes. You can probably catch it in my journal since I am restarting my island.

And what do you have in mind exactly

Everything is a little up in the air still, as I'm still building things out (and redoing half of it >.<), but I was thinking of having spaces where players could play together in different settings - out on an adventure through nature, in a small village, in the local tavern, a budding street market. That sort of thing. Gives people the chance to play out something if they want or just show up for some kind of hosted events once in a while in the tavern when I'm feeling particularly RP hyped. :D

Everything is a little up in the air still, as I'm still building things out (and redoing half of it >.<), but I was thinking of having spaces where players could play together in different settings - out on an adventure through nature, in a small village, in the local tavern, a budding street market. That sort of thing. Gives people the chance to play out something if they want or just show up for some kind of hosted events once in a while in the tavern when I'm feeling particularly RP hyped. :D
That sounds kind of neat

I don't know if I'd call it "RP", but I do imagine my own player characters being separate from myself. Entirely different people with different styles, different houses, and different thoughts. Makes playing Animal Crossing more fun, and that goes for every game, not just New Leaf or New Horizons.

That sounds kind of neat

I'm hoping so! I might see if I can get an RP group together for it. But also just get an RP group together for RP in AC in general.

I don't know if I'd call it "RP", but I do imagine my own player characters being separate from myself. Entirely different people with different styles, different houses, and different thoughts. Makes playing Animal Crossing more fun, and that goes for every game, not just New Leaf or New Horizons.

Ooh, I agree! That's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most with my second island is getting the chance to make characters with their own styles and identities. :)

Back