• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender!

Feferily

Tomu Tomu
Bells
Switch
6335-9246-1708
Island
Tsuchinoko
Dino Plush
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Rainbow Moon Jellyfish
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Green Moon Jellyfish
Bee Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Clownfish Plush
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
And oh my goodness, it has held up perfectly! Finished Season One with a friend today and it's every bit as fun and emotional as I remembered it being! I watched it when it first came out and then never again so it's fun seeing it from a different viewpoint... But it's well worth the rewatch. Some of the lines hit a lot more now when I think over them and the characters are still.. so good.

Any of ya'll rewatched it recently? ^D^

I actually never watched it! I don’t know why, but I never saw it!! I think because of all the hype it is worth it to watch, just to see what it is about. How would you rate it?

I rewatched all of it like the day it came out and finally finished Korra. Rewatching avatar really gave me so much feels again. Now I'm all empty inside and sort of wish their was a continuation of the series. (I wish I could watch all of them grow up tbh) I read the first two comics afterwards, because I was curious about Zuko's mom etc., but it just isn't really the same compared to the feeling of watching the show.

I actually never watched it! I don’t know why, but I never saw it!! I think because of all the hype it is worth it to watch, just to see what it is about. How would you rate it?

I know a lot of people say this but it's genuinely one of the best kid shows ever. Season One is maybe a little bit off in pacing but I feel like they wanted to get the general gist of the story out of the way and then focus on the characters more. I won't say there isn't a bit of nostalgia clouding my opinion because there definitely is but it's worth trying! Every episode is like 24 minutes long so it isn't too much of a waste of time if you find yourself not enjoying it! I probably give it a 5/5 xD I'm not very critical though so.. yes! But you should try it! It's also lots of fun to watch with a friend but maybe watching it alone first is also worth it....

I have the BluRay of Avatar: TLA and LoK so my fiancee and I rewatch it once or twice a year. Definitely one of my favourite shows of all time.

I rewatched all of it like the day it came out and finally finished Korra. Rewatching avatar really gave me so much feels again. Now I'm all empty inside and sort of wish their was a continuation of the series. (I wish I could watch all of them grow up tbh) I read the first two comics afterwards, because I was curious about Zuko's mom etc., but it just isn't really the same compared to the feeling of watching the show.
I haven't read the comics yet but once I'm done rewatching the show I'll give them a try... Also, I never watched Korra. T3T It's why my friend is making me rewatch the original first! Is it also great?
Post automatically merged:

I have the BluRay of Avatar: TLA and LoK so my fiancee and I rewatch it once or twice a year. Definitely one of my favourite shows of all time.
And you have the best character as your icon! Good taste! <3 It sounds like a lovely habit to have!

i am too! what did you think about Zhao having to fight his own father?

i am too! what did you think about Zhao having to fight his own father?
I don't remember that! Though I do remember him getting lost in the fog of souls because of the things he did, ahah. I also remember thinking how well done it was in showing that Zuko wasn't ever as bad as he pretended to be, while Zhao was everything that Zuko was acting like? He shows the road the poor boy coulda followed but didn't, thankfully...

I know a lot of people say this but it's genuinely one of the best kid shows ever. Season One is maybe a little bit off in pacing but I feel like they wanted to get the general gist of the story out of the way and then focus on the characters more. I won't say there isn't a bit of nostalgia clouding my opinion because there definitely is but it's worth trying! Every episode is like 24 minutes long so it isn't too much of a waste of time if you find yourself not enjoying it! I probably give it a 5/5 xD I'm not very critical though so.. yes! But you should try it! It's also lots of fun to watch with a friend but maybe watching it alone first is also worth it....
Oh amazing, I’ll definitely give it a try!! (Hopefully I can start today if I don’t have to much work...) Thanks for your input, super helpful! ^~^

I don't remember that! Though I do remember him getting lost in the fog of souls because of the things he did, ahah. I also remember thinking how well done it was in showing that Zuko wasn't ever as bad as he pretended to be, while Zhao was everything that Zuko was acting like? He shows the road the poor boy coulda followed but didn't, thankfully...
I've only seen s1, do you mean that time that Zuko got Aang out of the Fire Nation Fortress?

I haven't read the comics yet but once I'm done rewatching the show I'll give them a try... Also, I never watched Korra. T3T It's why my friend is making me rewatch the original first! Is it also great?

And you have the best character as your icon! Good taste! <3 It sounds like a lovely habit to have!
I personally like the original Avatar a lot better. Korra isn't bad, it's just different I guess? I honestly wish there was more character development between the main characters. I feel like the original Avatar is more inwardly focused, lots of character development and growth with everyones stories etc. And Korra is more outwardly focus, lots of stuff changing with the outward environment, the situations etc. I recommend watching Korra if you're yearning for more Avatar. You actually see flashbacks and stuff from the old series as well, and get to see how everyone grew, so that definitely makes it worth it imo.

I've only seen s1, do you mean that time that Zuko got Aang out of the Fire Nation Fortress?
Oh! So you meant Zuko fighting his father? And aha, yeah, the Blue Spirit episode is one of my favorites too. Big character moment for both Aang and Zuko T3T

Oh amazing, I’ll definitely give it a try!! (Hopefully I can start today if I don’t have to much work...) Thanks for your input, super helpful! ^~^
Good! Tell me how it's going when you try it! ^D^

I personally like the original Avatar a lot better. Korra isn't bad, it's just different I guess? I honestly wish there was more character development between the main characters. I feel like the original Avatar is more inwardly focused, lots of character development and growth with everyones stories etc. And Korra is more outwardly focus, lots of stuff changing with the outward environment, the situations etc. I recommend watching Korra if you're yearning for more Avatar. You actually see flashbacks and stuff from the old series as well, and get to see how everyone grew, so that definitely makes it worth it imo.
Aw! It'd be nice to see how the gang ended up so yeah, I'll give it a try!!

literally the best show ever, i finished watching it a week or so back and everything about it is perfect. i started watching korra recently and its not as good but its still cool in its own way lol

i consider a:tla to be legitimately one of the best series ever made! i love all the characters, the growth, the storyline, the art, the world building, etc. i watched it avidly the first time it aired on tv and it makes me so glad so many people are getting to find it later in life and also return to it and watch it again.

i go back to it once every few years and devour it and appreciate it all over again, haha. what's your favorite part? :D

Recently just rewatched both last airbender and legend of korra w my sister : D I love both but I am legally required to hype up lok wherever I go

Legend of Korra is good, the showrunners were unsure how many seasons they were going to have so they were unable to plan out accordingly. Season 1 is fine, season 2 can be a slog (if u are really arent enjoying it skip to the Avatar Wan eps they have some great avatar lore and they change the art style its great), season 3 is DEFINITELY MY FAVE the world changes in significant ways and the villains have some cool bending techniques (thats the season where they aired a character getting the breath bended out of their lungs on tv) and season 4 is a strong ending to the series! We do get to see bits of the og team avatar but Im glad lok doesnt ccompletely rely on them (but old lady Toph IS a gift)

anyway........watch Legend of Korra

I lent my blu-ray boxset to my Dad to watch, and then ended up deciding to watch it with him. We're on season 2. It's taking an age to get through whereas I would have binged it alone.

I try to watch it once a year around the same time, but sometimes life gets in the way. Whenever I’m feeling down or upset that show always makes me feel better and not so alone.

Started rewatching TLA with my family shortly before it was out on Netflix.
We're already almost finished with season 3. Definitely one of our favorite shows.

literally the best show ever, i finished watching it a week or so back and everything about it is perfect. i started watching korra recently and its not as good but its still cool in its own way lol
Honestly I still haven't found anything wrong with it! Not that I'm looking but it's so good!

i consider a:tla to be legitimately one of the best series ever made! i love all the characters, the growth, the storyline, the art, the world building, etc. i watched it avidly the first time it aired on tv and it makes me so glad so many people are getting to find it later in life and also return to it and watch it again.

i go back to it once every few years and devour it and appreciate it all over again, haha. what's your favorite part? :D
Yeah! I just remember waiting for the new episodes to come on as a kid! It's so nice to experience it all again in one go! ^D^ And oh man.... so many hard choices... I do remember loving everything about the north waterbender tribe...

Recently just rewatched both last airbender and legend of korra w my sister : D I love both but I am legally required to hype up lok wherever I go

Legend of Korra is good, the showrunners were unsure how many seasons they were going to have so they were unable to plan out accordingly. Season 1 is fine, season 2 can be a slog (if u are really arent enjoying it skip to the Avatar Wan eps they have some great avatar lore and they change the art style its great), season 3 is DEFINITELY MY FAVE the world changes in significant ways and the villains have some cool bending techniques (thats the season where they aired a character getting the breath bended out of their lungs on tv) and season 4 is a strong ending to the series! We do get to see bits of the og team avatar but Im glad lok doesnt ccompletely rely on them (but old lady Toph IS a gift)

anyway........watch Legend of Korra
Understood!

Good! Tell me how it's going when you try it! ^D^
Ok so I watched the first episode and honestly?? Super good! I’m shocked that it was made by Nickelodeon, it’s really well made! I haven’t gone past the first episode, but the explanation of everything seems so good and well-rounded. Overall for the first episode, 10/10! I’m really interested in watching more and the cliffhanger has got me going ;)

Back