• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

[Reminder] ACNH: Happy Home Paradise Pre-Orders... NOW UP!

Glad to see it seems everyone who wanted to was able to finally pre-order and pre-download the HHP DLC! Yippee, can't wait for next week!!

I do wonder what time it will actually drop for everyone though. The Japan release information does not list a time anywhere (at least that I could see), just the date, November 5th. Maybe they'll release it at midnight local time for everyone, for whenever midnight is in your timezone (probably go by Eastern in the U.S.)? It'd be nice if everyone got it at the same time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm really curious how things will work. We could potentially get four new characters all showing up that first day, Brewster in the plaza, Kapp'n at the dock, Harriet on Harv's Island, and maybe Lottie walking around our islands or inside Resident Services or the airport?? Or are they going to stagger appearances? Will Katrina and Tortimer show up on our islands before they show up on Harv's Island? These are things I'm curious about.

Just pre-ordered, and used the same NSO account on my second Switch to redownload. Hopefully my secondary NSO account/Switch will be able to use the DLC without needing to purchase a second copy. 🙏

Just pre-ordered, and used the same NSO account on my second Switch to redownload. Hopefully my secondary NSO account/Switch will be able to use the DLC without needing to purchase a second copy. 🙏
As long as your 2nd switch is set as the primary console you should be able to access the DLC.

As long as your 2nd switch is set as the primary console you should be able to access the DLC.

Nope. First is set as primary. I had to purchase 2 copies of ACNH because of this. Hoping DLC works differently.

I am in North America Central Time and was able to order a couple of hours ago. Question is when I ordered it, it said "Download will download automatically". Some people on here are saying that theirs has already been downloaded. Could you please tell me how to verify that? I ordered both my wifes and mine and there were no downloads that I can tell.

Nope. First is set as primary. I had to purchase 2 copies of ACNH because of this. Hoping DLC works differently.
Hmm thats strange. The only time I can ever think of needing 2 copies of ACNH is if you're doing a island transfer or playing local co-op using the airport.

I am in North America Central Time and was able to order a couple of hours ago. Question is when I ordered it, it said "Download will download automatically". Some people on here are saying that theirs has already been downloaded. Could you please tell me how to verify that? I ordered both my wifes and mine and there were no downloads that I can tell.
North America PST here. I purchased mine just now and when I exited out of the Nintendo E-Shop, it showed the DLC downloading on my NH copy on the main menu. It should have downloaded for you that way I believe. :0

Also, if you go directly to the DLC’s page in E-Shop, it should show that you’ve purchased it.
D2A5C74B-04D1-46B3-8E68-2C857C301447.jpeg

Last edited:
Preordered and downloaded on both of my systems! I didn't realize I had so many coins left on my secondary account, so I was able to get it knocked down to $17 on that one. One week to go...

I ordered from the computer, should that make a difference? Is your now listed with all your games?

I purchased mine just now and when I exited out of the Nintendo E-Shop, it showed the DLC downloading on my NH copy on the main menu. It should have downloaded for you that way I believe. :0
Yeah it is downloaded and the content is locked so when the update comes out it will be unlocked.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm thats strange. The only time I can ever think of needing 2 copies of ACNH is if you're doing a island transfer or playing local co-op using the airport.
Wait I just looked it up and according to Google it said this:
"While using the primary console, any user account on the console can play the downloadable content you have purchased."

I ordered from the computer, should that make a difference? Is your now listed with all your games?
No, it won’t be listed with all your games on the Switch—at least not for now. It might be once the actual DLC is available to play.
Post automatically merged:

Wait I just looked it up and according to Google it said this:
"While using the primary console, any user account on the console can play the downloadable content you have purchased."
Yeah, I had asked this question before and someone told me that you can play the DLC on all accounts with that console.

Pre-downloaded now! For anyone that's just downloading it via the NSO Expansion Pack you'll get an option to download it instead of purchasing. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to pre-download it lol.

Back