• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

relaxing/calming things?

Chicken-Dentures

👑 KING OF THE LADS 👑
Bells
ok so i sat outside for 2 hours and that was really nice bc it's a lovely day and the sky is perfectly blue lmao
and then i came inside and took a nice shower and now i am so relaxed it's amazing
what are somethings that u find relaxing or calming?
water is calming in general tbh, plus just laying down and not being worried is great

Water for sure. Being in nature in general is my favourite thing! I also like cuddling and massages too. c:

ASMR is a great thing for relaxation for people.

I love just laying outside at night and looking at the stars, I think it's super relaxing. I also really like listening to the rain or thunderstorms, and I agree water in general is very calming.

for me listening to calm instrumental music, taking walks, and I agree taking a shower even when you've already taken one it's indeed very relaxing same goes for laying down and sometimes a nice nap is great to stay in a serene state.​

Last edited:
Water for sure. Being in nature in general is my favourite thing! I also like cuddling and massages too. c:

ASMR is a great thing for relaxation for people.

ASMR YES! GentleWhispering on youtube always helps me relax- her videos are sooo soothing :)

i find that naps after a hot bath/shower is super relaxing & can relieve a lot of stress. it may seem weird but listening to this is extremely meditative as well imo !

Hot showers, hot tea, warm blankets, afternoon time, rain, and napping :eek: All these things at once sounds sooo nice right now.

Every time I spoon with my cat I fall asleep :p
I think animals in general really calm me down.

My kitty's purring as well as listening to my loved one breathe gently. ^//^

ASMR YES! GentleWhispering on youtube always helps me relax- her videos are sooo soothing :)

Yeeeeeah! Same with MassageASMR. ^^

Doing a meditation/mindfulness exercise, going outside and reading, sitting on our porch if its raining, or turning on the RainyMood site and listening to choral music (like Julianna Barwick) always calms me down! Just playing animal crossing does the trick for me usually too :)

The sound of rain. I like it the most at night when I'm trying to get to sleep, it's just a nice sound. I usually have my window open a bit all the time anyway, but there's also a certain scent outside when it rains which is also strangely pleasant to me.
My grandparents also have a glass conservatory with a glass roof and I loved being in there when it rained when I was younger (despite it getting really cold when it did). I always used to go in there and draw when it was raining.

Also death metal. It's legit one of the most relaxing things ever.

Going to bed when it's cold and you have 2 or 3 blankets on.
Going to see during the rain.

on that note, I like to listen to this when I want some white noise while I write reports.

need to figure out a way to have this play when I go to sleep.

Last edited:
The sounds of rain is so calming. I love when it rains right before I fall asleep because it makes it so much easier to. I also find the sound of the piano to be very soothing.

Back