• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

reboots/sequels you'd like to see

dude I would pay excellent money for Nintendo to make a sequel to Tomodachi Life, I've actually been playing it a lot for the last few weeks (got in like 2019 and I've played it off and on since, like Animal Crossing) and it makes me want a new one even more lol.

tbh I would actually love to see a new F-Zero game. I haven't had the chance to play F-Zero X but I own the original on the SNES and I actually like that game a lot more than Super Mario Kart on the same platform. seeing Mute City/Big Blue and the Blue Falcon in Mario Kart 8 just makes me wish there was a new F-Zero game.

F-Zero, with RPG/sports game career mode aspects. Race in leagues/seasons with increasingly difficult opponents as you move up to more challenging leagues. Customize your car to fit your racing strategy. Make decisions that affect your abilities leveling up, skills you can learn, customizable parts for your car.

Two words: Tomodachi Life. Whether it's a reboot or a sequel, I wouldn't care and buy the game ASAP. Maybe Nintendo can add some things, like more items and same-sex relationships/marriages.

I was pretty surprised when I heard that Miitopia was ported to the Switch instead of Tomodachi Life. I'm still kinda mad about it to this day. 😂 But hopefully it'll be a thing . . .

I'd love to see a 'revamped' Twilight Princess. Not changing anything, just improved graphics, atmosphere, and renew it! And probably put it on the switch.

I heard that Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is going to be remade, although the release date has been delayed. Besides that, I'd like to see a remaster or a sequel of Baten Kaitos since I've heard it's a great RPG game for GameCube and never had a chance to play it.

As for Pokémon games, I don't think the Gen 2 games need a remake, especially since HG/SS are already amazing games with so much content. Plus, GSC were already ported to the 3DS, so it's kind of redundant to remake them anytime soon. Likewise, I don't think it's necessary for GF to remake the Gen 5 games. I think the reason why a lot of people quit playing Pokémon after B/W is because the game lacked content. Of course, it did add lot of innovative features like infinite use of TM moves, hidden abilities, seasons, etc. However, it was disappointing that Black and White removed all of the fun features that the previous Pokémon games had like secret bases, Pokémon following you, Super Contests, Vs. Seeker for Trainer Rematches, etc. The only minigame it has are those lousy Musicals in Nimbasa City where you dress up your Pokémon and watch them dance on stage, which was a really forgettable feature of the game. It also has the Battle Subway but otherwise, B/W didn't have any substantial features to keep the player entertained. Hence, this game quickly becomes stale, and it lacks replay value. Another reason why B/W weren't well received is because you couldn't obtain any older Pokémon until after you beat the game. However, B2/W2 fixed this Pokémon issue and added loads of content like Pokestars Studio, the PWT, Join Avenue, and so much more, so I don't see what's the point of a Unova remake. Plus, B2/W2 is a direct sequel to its predecessors so I just don't know how it can be fully remade. Maybe they can make it a spinoff similar to PL: Legends, though I think a remake is just redundant. And obviously, they should wait another few years before even considering remaking a main series Pokémon game.

Kirby Air Ride! It was one of my favourite games growing up! I think it would look really nice on the Switch.

Ive honestly been wanting a simpsons hit & run reboot on the switch for so long. It was such an amazing smash hit on the pc which i played it on, i can only hope🤷

Does anyone else remember the Magician's Quest game on DS? It was a lot like Animal Crossing with animal (and robot) neighbors, but you also attended a wizard school and it ran on real time. It had the bugs/fish, character and room customization, and shops to visit. If they kept making it, it would possibly beat out Animal Crossing. They did make a 3DS game but it never released outside of Japan. I always keep my hopes up that they'll make another game released globally one day...

Just looked it up and it looks like there were 3 other games released only in Japan, two on DS and then the 3DS one. No new games since 2012 sadly.

The biggest one for me has always been Style Savvy / Style Boutique / Girls Mode games. I loved and adored them but I thought it would be fun to have one with nice graphics, more clothing designs, mainstreaming women AND men on switch. I loved the evolution of the games on 3DS but there are many improvements that can be made! They are great games. Now, Fashion Dreamer seems to be similar but so far there is little news, I hope they have a boutique in that game but I won’t count on it. I am excited though! to be clear I love how feminine the games are but as a male who loves girly things it bothered me how you cant play as a boy But still design for them in Trendsetters, Fashion Forward, and Styling Star, seriously after 4 games we need guys. FASHION DREAMER IS DELIVERING MALE AVATARS THO

Last edited:
Crash Bash remade with better graphics but still kept the same minigames. Sonic Heroes remade with no slippery controls. Another Tomodachi Life game.

I must unfortunately accept that even if a Phantasy Star V was released, it would likely never be able to live up to the expectations I'd have for it.

I must unfortunately accept that even if a Phantasy Star V was released, it would likely never be able to live up to the expectations I'd have for it.
Never thought I'd see someone mention this game. It'd be nice to see how they would do it. They'd probably just be lazy and port the gba collection without changing anything though.

I enjoyed Phantasy Star Online and while it got 'reboots/sequels' it's the kind of sequel that Banjo Kazooie got with Nuts and Bolts. I don't think Sega could really reboot or do a sequel for Online now that wouldn't feel outdated.

Never thought I'd see someone mention this game. It'd be nice to see how they would do it. They'd probably just be lazy and port the gba collection without changing anything though.

I enjoyed Phantasy Star Online and while it got 'reboots/sequels' it's the kind of sequel that Banjo Kazooie got with Nuts and Bolts. I don't think Sega could really reboot or do a sequel for Online now that wouldn't feel outdated.
I'll at least give Sega credit that PSO and its sequels are fine enough games in their own right, even if they're quite different, which is probably more than I would say for Nuts & Bolts for Banjo-Kazooie. I enjoyed PSO on GameCube, though these days I honestly find it rather dreck when trying to play it completely alone. But I'd still prefer something more closely in the vein of the Master System/Mega Drive games.

I will always and forever dream of the day we get anything Super Mario RPG related. I was quite sad when they took Geno cameo out of the Superstar Saga remake, and when they announced that Geno would only be a costume in Ultimate, it felt like a knife going through my heart... But in all seriousness, I know that a remake, port, sequel, or whatever else of Super Mario RPG is next to zero chance of happening, I can always hope... I'd also love to see a sequel to Tomodachi Life on the Switch. It was already a super fun day-to-day experience on the 3DS and there's so much room for innovation. If they incorporated elements of Miitopia it would be just an outstanding, unique game.

Yeah I always forget Tomodachi Life because it seems so natural it feels like it should have happened… but it just hasnt. Come on dude

F-Zero. We need more skillbased racers. More Crash games. Generally prefer original and oneoff games

Drill Dozer was a really good game and the ending hinted a sequel. The Switch is perfect for one as the vibration controls are really good and they could make the cues to shift gears increase in intensity as the drill spins.

Simpsons Hit and Run (recently replayed it, and it holds up VERY well years later)
Skies of Arcadia (I can dream can't I?)
Legend of Dragoon (I'd want a complete version, with the parts of the story/game that were OBVIOUSLY cut)

I would love to see a reboot of Ecco the Dolphin, or even a 3D remaster of the first two games. I don't think there's anything like them in the market right now, unless an obscure indie company has produced something that I haven't seen.

For Nintendo, I'd like to see a new sequel to Pokemon Pinball. Bonus points if we could transfer caught Pokemon over to Home.

The one reboot I want is Donkey Kong 64. The game feels so dated because of the constant back tracking you have to do to switch kongs just feels annoying also it had way too many collections that kinda forced you earned it just to progress to the final boss.

I would love to see a reboot of Ecco the Dolphin, or even a 3D remaster of the first two games. I don't think there's anything like them in the market right now, unless an obscure indie company has produced something that I haven't seen.

For Nintendo, I'd like to see a new sequel to Pokemon Pinball. Bonus points if we could transfer caught Pokemon over to Home.
I'd be interested in seeing Ecco remade or re-released with some modernization and quality of life improvements. I've seen many people dismiss the game because it's esoteric and isn't extremely accessible. And I think that's quite a shame, because it's really not a bad game. It's rough around the edges, but it's really not bad.

On that note, I wish SEGA would acknowledge the different versions of the game. The Mega Drive version is great, but the SEGA CD version...

Is it possible to have romantic feelings for a sound byte? 🤔

Back