• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Real-Life ACNH Aquarium Event in Yokohama!

StarlitGlitch

Sweets Lover
Bells
Island
Seafort
Perfect Cherry
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Sweet Balloon
Blue Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Blue Star Fragment
Hello everyone!
I was debating whether to share about this but decided just to go for it.
There was a limited-time ACNH event at Yokohama Hakkejima Sea Paradise, an aquarium in Japan, and I was able to go!
There were a lot of different parts to the event. One thing I liked is they really set the atmosphere, like playing the AC museum music in the aquarium lobby or playing the ACNH title theme over the speakers everywhere outside. I got to enjoy some boba while listening to it outdoors!
1634860860449.png

This art for the event shows some of the activities, like Blather’s museum explanations, fishing with CJ, and searching for scallops/manila clams. There was also a stamp rally, special merch, and some small things like a postcard and amiibo card you could get for checking in through My Nintendo.
1634860882463.png

More than 100 of these panels were around the museum with Blather’s explanation from the game and extra info from Hakkejima’s island representative! (they make a dream address you could visit too)
1634860905473.png

The scallop and manila clam parts were hands on. For the clams you could walk around inside the tank and scoop them up but I was too shy haha.
1634860934710.png

They added a lot of little touches to the event. When we walked in this room my friend said, “there’s something in the water” and it was Gulliver’s lifeless body.
1634860944819.png

They had a fish tourney for CJ but I couldn’t make a reservation in time. The regular fishing wasn’t too different though so I still got this pic in-front of the horse mackerel sign! The tourney did have “Isabelle” and “Tom Nook” hosting the event though lol Afterwards I got to eat them in a themed cup after they were cooked in their restaurant.
1634860952941.png

This is what the stamp rally stations looked like! They were spread out well. They’re supposed to be the villagers of Hakkejima.
1634860967302.png

Got this booklet from the event for the stamps and other things! After collecting all of them I showed it to staff for a huge sticker sheet.
1634860975262.png

I got a folder for the event which had the event illustration on it. They also had a unique tote bag and cookies with characters faces on them.

Overall the event was really fun, there a lot of fun things they added to it and you could tell thought was put into it.

If you’re interested, I made a video that goes over everything in the event (and is higher quality that these snap shots I took haha)

Thanks for taking the pictures! I lived in Japan for 3 years after NL came out but before HHD came out. The only AC events they really had then was just going to 7-11 to get the 7-11 furniture in your NL game. I definitely would've taken the train trip to Yokohama for something like this if they'd had it at the time. So cute!

Thank you guys! :lemon:

Thanks for taking the pictures! I lived in Japan for 3 years after NL came out but before HHD came out. The only AC events they really had then was just going to 7-11 to get the 7-11 furniture in your NL game. I definitely would've taken the train trip to Yokohama for something like this if they'd had it at the time. So cute!
Oh nice! I think I did my study aboard here during that time, I remember trying and failing to get the 7-11 items... and getting 2 of the Sanrio cards from someone I knew since in Japan the cards in the pack were randomized and she had extras. Never could get them on my own

Hello everyone!
I was debating whether to share about this but decided just to go for it.
There was a limited-time ACNH event at Yokohama Hakkejima Sea Paradise, an aquarium in Japan, and I was able to go!
There were a lot of different parts to the event. One thing I liked is they really set the atmosphere, like playing the AC museum music in the aquarium lobby or playing the ACNH title theme over the speakers everywhere outside. I got to enjoy some boba while listening to it outdoors!
View attachment 405173
This art for the event shows some of the activities, like Blather’s museum explanations, fishing with CJ, and searching for scallops/manila clams. There was also a stamp rally, special merch, and some small things like a postcard and amiibo card you could get for checking in through My Nintendo.
View attachment 405174
More than 100 of these panels were around the museum with Blather’s explanation from the game and extra info from Hakkejima’s island representative! (they make a dream address you could visit too)
View attachment 405175
The scallop and manila clam parts were hands on. For the clams you could walk around inside the tank and scoop them up but I was too shy haha.
View attachment 405176
They added a lot of little touches to the event. When we walked in this room my friend said, “there’s something in the water” and it was Gulliver’s lifeless body.
View attachment 405177
They had a fish tourney for CJ but I couldn’t make a reservation in time. The regular fishing wasn’t too different though so I still got this pic in-front of the horse mackerel sign! The tourney did have “Isabelle” and “Tom Nook” hosting the event though lol Afterwards I got to eat them in a themed cup after they were cooked in their restaurant.
View attachment 405178
This is what the stamp rally stations looked like! They were spread out well. They’re supposed to be the villagers of Hakkejima.
View attachment 405179
Got this booklet from the event for the stamps and other things! After collecting all of them I showed it to staff for a huge sticker sheet.
View attachment 405180

I got a folder for the event which had the event illustration on it. They also had a unique tote bag and cookies with characters faces on them.

Overall the event was really fun, there a lot of fun things they added to it and you could tell thought was put into it.

If you’re interested, I made a video that goes over everything in the event (and is higher quality that these snap shots I took haha)
Wow! That event sounds like a lot of fun, even if it's for little kids they had a lot of clever references to the games.
Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! It sounded like alot of fun and will be nice memories! 🙂
Pretty neat that they did all of that!

oh, i remember reading about this! thank you for sharing some photos with us — the fishing tourney sounds like an absolute blast, and the tote bag and character cookies sound super cute! i’m glad you had fun. 😊

Damn, this is pretty cool! The aquariums are one of my favourite parts of the museum even to this day. I noticed that they even appear to have what resembles the tunnel section that walks you through the tank in-game. It can be seen at around 1:35. In-game, it's the tunnel that goes from the tank with the red snapper, barred knife-jaw etc and leads to to the upper floor where you can find some diving creatures. In reality, it looks like it's simply a part of the filtration system for the tank, but I immediately thought of that comparison when I saw it.

Oh so My Nintendo has a purpose ! But only in Japan 😆
(I mean, we don't get anything cool anymore for a few years now 🥺).

Anyway, that event seemed to be super cool ! Thanks for sharing !

Damn, this is pretty cool! The aquariums are one of my favourite parts of the museum even to this day. I noticed that they even appear to have what resembles the tunnel section that walks you through the tank in-game. It can be seen at around 1:35. In-game, it's the tunnel that goes from the tank with the red snapper, barred knife-jaw etc and leads to to the upper floor where you can find some diving creatures. In reality, it looks like it's simply a part of the filtration system for the tank, but I immediately thought of that comparison when I saw it.
Actually, that is a tunnel! It's an escalator that goes through the fish tank to the upper floor! Sadly, I couldn't get a good picture from inside.

I just opened my game to check and yes!! That's exactly what it was like! Except since it was an escalator I could just stand and slowly go up through it. I totally forgot about that, otherwise I would've mentioned it in the video. Thank you for pointing it out. :lemon:

The big tank with the whale fish and the sunfish also looks kind of similar since it has the same steps in front and all the sardines haha. I got to see a "sardine show" there, I think they pumped out sardine food from different spots to make them swim around.

Back