• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Re-tail questions

Hypno KK

vampire squid from heck
Bells
Red Lily
White Lily
Red Lily
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Lily
Red Lily
White Lily
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
For years, I've been filling up the flea market spots with overpriced fruits and shells so villagers won't use them. I'm thinking of changing things up a bit and having things they can buy but I don't want them to go and get rid of all their furniture.

Do villagers always ask before buying stuff? How long before a villager uses an empty spot to sell something? Is it random, does it happen at the start of a new day, etc.?

Thank you!

For years, I've been filling up the flea market spots with overpriced fruits and shells so villagers won't use them. I'm thinking of changing things up a bit and having things they can buy but I don't want them to go and get rid of all their furniture.

Do villagers always ask before buying stuff? How long before a villager uses an empty spot to sell something? Is it random, does it happen at the start of a new day, etc.?

Thank you!
Okay I'll answer these in order!

Do villagers always ask before buying stuff?
In my many years of experience they always have. If they havent asked to buy it while I was in store, it stays there. I believe this is because the flea market can be used by people visiting your town so the game wants you to know, you also have to receive the payment when villagers buy so you must be there.

How long before a villager uses an empty spot to sell something?
Again, I am not completely sure but it seems like if there is a free space SOMEONE will list an item in around a weekish. They always rotate their furniture and if they ask to replace something and you give them another piece of furniture, they either give the replaced one as the gift to you or they list it in Retail.

Is it random, does it happen at the start of a new day, etc?
I have seen new furniture in Retail sometimes during the day but I am not completely sure if they can, I know at the start of new days they have a chance to list something though.

If you are completely sure on helping villagers keep their homes its quite hard! Dont do any tasks for them, deliver gifts, send them things in the mail, or anything else. I normally just play the game and let them because they always rotate stuff but thats probably why alot of them have bugs, fish, and random furniture lol!

@Mr_Keroppi thanks for answering! That helps a lot.

Yeah, I'm not planning on being strict about villagers keeping their houses intact. I like to do the things they ask, like catching bugs and fish for them. I just don't want them to sell all their furniture and end up with an empty house :p

@Mr_Keroppi thanks for answering! That helps a lot.

Yeah, I'm not planning on being strict about villagers keeping their houses intact. I like to do the things they ask, like catching bugs and fish for them. I just don't want them to sell all their furniture and end up with an empty house :p
Oh I think they always keep around 2 - 3 of their initial furniture no matter what, atleast in my experience. Their wallpaper and floors never change though!

Back