• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Random thoughts thread.

I'm not going to lie, I kinda miss the whole rumor mill that was created by your own villagers.
Like rumors of villagers might be dating or not getting along with each to the point that they break out into fights.

I'm not going to lie, I kinda miss the whole rumor mill that was created by your own villagers.
Like rumors of villagers might be dating or not getting along with each to the point that they break out into fights.
No wonder we all had to create our own lore. Discussions with villagers regarding non-player friendships and rumors were pretty much dumbed-down in this game compared to older ones, if that makes sense.

On a related note, I would love to see moments of villagers feeling upset or depressed for more than 10 minutes due to conflicts that the player cannot witness. It would be an interesting task in the next game to see if you could patch broken friendships caused between villagers, and figure out what went wrong. If this "task" is left unsolved over several days or weeks, that may result in one or both villagers possibly moving away from the town (with your consent, of course). That would definitely pull some heartstrings and get players to care a bit more about the villagers they talk to, not to mention sending a message to apply some of the friendship-repair techniques in the real world. That would be much needed IMO.

My sister is starting New Horizons today! She needs to get used to the Animalese... Every time a character speaks she babbles along with them for the heck of it 😅 Also, I've had to help her with the controls a few times because she was pretty confused with how it all works. Other than that, things are going swimmingly!

P.S. Her island name is Hiraya and her starter villagers are Shari and Buck!
P.S.S. One time she asked whether the NPCs were bots or other players. Obviously, they're bots!

If only I could give up on the Cast Master Achievement. I tell myself I've given up on catching 100 fish in a row, and then I get optimistic about making progress towards the Achievement, only to once again fail at catching a fish. :cry:

What's really frustrating about this is that I apparently made it to 91 fish in a row once. I wasn't trying to complete the Achievement then, and I can't mindtrick myself into that relaxed state of mind again.

My random thought of the day:
I hate achievements in any game but .. sometimes.. that's what pushes people to play..... rip.

My random thought of the day:
I hate achievements in any game but .. sometimes.. that's what pushes people to play..... rip.
I'm not one for decorating so completing my catalogue and Achievements are what I focus on. I just wish the Achievements were more reasonable. I can usually ignore the Achievements that are completely out of bounds (I'm not going to play for two years straight so that I can attend K. K.'s concerts 100 times), but Cast Master is in a weird zone where it's just close enough to possible that I can't make myself give up on it.

I wish we could do a reaction in-game like what Bruce does in his picture. His cross-arm expression is something I often do in real life, and I find it very cool as a pose in general. Pair it with my love of sunsets, and you've got one of the best villager pictures in the game IMO:

Bruce%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

Sheldon's picture is similar as well, though less serious:

Sheldon%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

Maybe picture poses will appear in a Photopia-like setting in the next game. It's got a ton of potential.

I really resent the fact that there are no burgers in New Horizons.. like.. veggie burgers exist! Haloumi burgers! Soy burgers!! Bean burgers! I'd even settle for some kind of dessert burger abomination. Just let me make a burger restaurant, Nintendo

Uh, here is my collection of Series 5 amiibo cards. It's incomplete because I don't get a lot of opportunities to buy more packs but I like it. Posting here since I have nowhere else to share them
IMG0726.jpeg

1. Idk why but I keep thinking that Flick's name is Spike for some reason. Maybe because he's got punky vibes like Spike from Buffy? Idk

2. How does Flick feel about cockroaches and why can't he come take them away from my house in the game

Back