• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Rain doesn't water flowers?

Wilemina

Bells
Today was my first rainy day and I noticed that my flowers weren't sparkling. So I watered them and they started sparkling. So I take it that the rain doesn't water your flowers.

It's been raining for 3 days straight in my town so I didn't bother watering my flowers. Started up the game this morning and most of my flowers including hybrids are dead.

It's a bit dumb. Considering how the rain makes everything look miserable it could at least have an upside.

actually I'm pretty sure it does water, it just sparkles when its watered with a watering can, could be wrong tho

I'm going to play it safe and enact the Beautiful Town ordinance. That way, if I can't or forget to water, my flowers won't wilt.

Really wish they had removed this watering the flowers feature. It's such a chore. I understand watering flowers for hybrids. However, I don't want brown flowers in my town just because god forbid I didn't have time to water every flower that day.

Yeah, I don't think it waters the flowers. There were flowers that were dying two days ago (when it rained) that are now gone because I decided to just skip them instead of watering them.

Really wish they had removed this watering the flowers feature. It's such a chore. I understand watering flowers for hybrids. However, I don't want brown flowers in my town just because god forbid I didn't have time to water every flower that day.

I agree that it can be a chore, but that's also part of what makes it realistic, although it should count for watering if it rains.

D: It was raining yesterday and I didn't water anything! Nooooo brown flowers nooooo! I'm dreading this when I get off work. :p

I don't think even watering flowers will prevent them from turning brown. For the first few days while I played I watered every flower in town and the next day I'd find that I had one or two dying flowers.

I don't think even watering flowers will prevent them from turning brown. For the first few days while I played I watered every flower in town and the next day I'd find that I had one or two dying flowers.

Odd. I've watered every flower in town every day since I picked up my copy of New Leaf and I haven't seen a single wilted flower yet.

This was actually brought up when the Japanese Version was released. The rain does not water ALL of your flowers. It will water some to most of your flowers though. The flowers also won't sparkle from the rain water until after the rain stops.

This was actually brought up when the Japanese Version was released. The rain does not water ALL of your flowers. It will water some to most of your flowers though. The flowers also won't sparkle from the rain water until after the rain stops.

That makes more sense. Thank you!

I water all my flowers every day, because I enjoy it, because the little droplets and shining effects make it pretty. I have no wilting flowers either, so I don't know what's wrong with some of your flowers.

That's pretty sad. Well, at least it causes gyroids to spawn, and supposedly grows back your grass.

I changed my ordinance to a beautiful town and I have not yet noticed a wilted flower. Maybe you should give it a try, especially if you have a lot of flowers! :)

That's weird. It was raining earlier in my town and after the rain stopped I noticed none of my flowers were shining, so I went around and watered all of them. They're shining now!

I don't mind watering my flowers, it doesn't take me very long and it's something I can do during the day before all the money-making happens. Still, rain should water the flowers.

Yeah, I noticed that they don't sparkle when it's raining. Like others have said, however, the rain does water some of the flowers.

Back