• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

question about paths

Bells
hello i was wondering for those who may have the Japanese copy, where can you not place paths ive watched many LPs of new leaf, and have noticed some people put paths all over their town tree area and train station, however they always leave the area in front of the door blank (when a path is next to a house specifically) is it just that you cant place a path in front of a house, or do people just prefer not to? also can you place patterns on the hill/slope leading to the beach?

I've watched quite a few (or should we say most) of Lin&Ko's videos and in them I don't see any paths on the slope/ramp to the beach, so I would say no, because some of the town owners in the videos seem like they would place a path/pattern anywhere they can! Goran is right you can't place one right in front of a house's door.

Also, paths cannot be placed on the beach itself. From my experience anyway.

Also, paths cannot be placed on the beach itself. From my experience anyway.
I think you can do that, actually!

030b.jpg

Got it from here.

Last edited:
Im wondering which buttons you use to place and pick them up.

Picking up anything is all done via the Y button, whereas the running button is mapped to B.
To place a pattern, you have to stand where you like to place, open up My Designs Menu, pick the pattern and choose the second option for that.

I think you can do that, actually!

030b.jpg

Got it from here.

Oh wow I didn't realize!! Well, I'm not putting a pattern down on the beach. It ruins the beachy feel...
I wonder if you can put patterns on the island.

Back