• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Question about happy home ordering for those in us who have original 3ds XL

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Ok guys,
I know for those of us in the US..the date for release is this month. For those who have the original 3ds XL or original 3ds and are preordering or planning..I need to know how to go about making sure I have all the parts I will need. Obviously the game, but what am I needing as far as a scanner since I don't have new 3ds but a new regular 3ds XL..and what is the best way you have found on ordering card packages..how are you planning to get the most and all you will need that is available at the start..thanks for the advice so I know I will have what I need and as many cards available as I can and can scan them..with my 3dsxl.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Follow up question..I see there is a bundle of game and NFC reader so I just need to decide if it's worth preordering when I'm near gamestop tomorrow or if it's unlikely there will be a reader shortage. But as far as cards..what is the scoop with how to order them, is it just random bundles or can you be sure your getting in series or is there only possibility of ransoms with doubles..how are you guys doing this if attempting to get all the cards too..

Hi there: this is addressed somewhat in the FAQ thread. Basically, in North America, the cards come in blind packs of 6 (5 normal villager cards and 1 Special NPC card per pack, and you won't know what cards you're going to get in that pack). There are 100 cards in the first series. You can't be sure you're going to get the full series without buying quite a few packs, though spamurai, who ordered a booster box of 50 packs from Japan (which had 3 cards each [2 normal and 1 Special per pack]) was able to get the full series from that booster box, plus doubles, which I believe he sold on ebay.

We're not sure what the card situation is going to be like on the 25th. Some places are limiting pre-orders to 3 packs per person and there's no info about booster boxes that I've been able to find. Some places don't appear to have pre-orders, though sites like amazon and other major game retailers have had some pre-orders available. I'm in Canada and have pre-ordered 3 packs from EB Games (our version of GameStop, basically), but on the 25th I'm going to a) see if there's *any* hope of buying more packs in-store when I pick up my order and b) trek around to as many BestBuys, EBGames, and WalMarts as I can get to, to see how many packs I'll be able to pick up. Any doubles will be bundled up and sent to a friend; any extras beyond that, I haven't figured out whether I'll trade, sell or give away.

Others may have more or different US-specific info, but basically I've pre-ordered what I can and am aiming to get as many packs as I can. *fingers crossed*

Basically, in North America, the cards come in blind packs of 6 (5 normal villager cards and 1 Special NPC card per pack, and you won't know what cards you're going to get in that pack).

Reading this again makes me want to buy more packs right now ; u ;

For me, I'll just get the reader and game bundle.
Save the money for NX, if a new AC game release on it.

Rumors there maybe even a new handheld console coming ...

Thanks for the information, I looked on amazon and found the NA bundle which looks like game and reader...I haven't been able to find anything there on booster packs. If you find anything on where he got these or if they are even NA version available let me know. Thanks. I may check with GameStop before going through with amazon just to see..I also have a bestbuy gift card I just don't wanna be caught out of luck esp card packs on release day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just saw the two other comments..yes I am looking forward to the new Nintendo game console but that's still another year plus away I think for Xmas 2018 right? A new handheld would be great. Looking on amazon it appears card packs are close to game price like 25 dollars or maybe that's because are only showing japan imports or are they really that high..in that case a booster would be better to save for..wow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant 2017 end of year aka new year 2018..

- - - Post Merge - - -

Still I know am going to go for the reader and game bundle..but how many packs if blind would help build a solid collection and how much they are will factor but no point going for it if don't get them all..I'm a collector in general when it comes to games I like and DVDs and TV series and such.

I'm in Europe with a normal 3dsXL and I'm getting the game bundle. (Game NFC reader and one amiibo pack) plus 3 amiibo packs extra separately..

I swear if I don't get Fauna or Isabelle in any of those packs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My birthdays coming up so I'm getting money for amiibo packs then too.

Don't get a lot of one series. I'd say I'd you wanna get a solid collection maybe 3 or 4 maybe 5 when series released. Which is what I'm doing.

I'd also recommend getting the bundle.

Last edited:
I went ahead and put a preorder in at gamestop for the game and scanner bundle which I assume has one pack of cards. He said nobody knows how many packs they will get or if there will be boosters they won't know until they get the stock in he said no one knows but there is another game coming out midnight release night before and said if I wanted it is less than five mins from home but if could he said they would let me get it midnight thurs tech fri so I may be able to see as far as GameStop as I doubt the midnight era will be there for that how many I can get by being the first there..I think your right if there is no booster packs right away then five seems a good start.

Back