• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Question About Fake Rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousCharli

Bunnie's Shmoopy
Bells
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Spring Shamrock
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Pear (Fruit)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Whatever you want to call them, fake rocks, ore rocks, whichever. I'm freaking out right now so i don't mean to sound so rude but how long will it take for a fake rock to turn into a permanent rock? I've time travelled so i can get my new villager situated using the reset trick but i forgot to break the one the day before because i was excited (its just barely turned 6am in the game as i type this because i set it to that). I can't find another but i just want to be sure. I never want another permanent rock in a difficult place. I always make sure to go round and break them daily because i've been worried the next day they are there and its set in stone (pun not quite intended).

I'm almost sure that the fake rock will always be a fake rock until you break it.

I heard somewhere if you don't break them they become permanent i'm trying to find where i heard it from but its seeming a difficult task. That's why you always have to break them.

Well, in my current town I didn't know anything about the ore rocks, and my first ore rock was there for weeks until I noticed it! So I doubt that a fake rock will turn into a permanent rock.

I'm prettyyyy sure fake rocks never turn permanent. People would have towns full of rocks from time traveling and I've never heard of that.

Idk where you heard that but it's not true. If you don't break your ore rock, it will despawn upon reset (6am) and a new ore rock will spawn elsewhere in your town. Ore rocks never become permanent rocks.

Idk where you heard that but it's not true. If you don't break your ore rock, it will despawn upon reset (6am) and a new ore rock will spawn elsewhere in your town. Ore rocks never become permanent rocks.

But that's the thing...Its in the same position as it was before 6am...

Maybe i'm just crazy but i'm sure it was a thing they would turn permanent after a while...o.o

I think if you've saved the game prior to 6am, then start resetting after 6am, it'll stay in the same spot. But that doesn't mean it's permanent. I'm pretty sure you can still break it. I got lazy with ore rocks after a while, and have gone days without hitting one. Never had it turn into a permanent rock. Never even heard that was a thing honestly.

Maybe i'm just crazy but i'm sure it was a thing they would turn permanent after a while...o.o

Even if it doesn't reset its position...I promise you, it will always be an ore rock xD

Actually, I've heard of a "glitch" of the rocks from Bunny Day (Easter) turning permanent after some people time travelled/didn't play on Bunny Day.. o__O Apparently it's possible to occur if you don't break the rocks (containing rock eggs) before Bunny Day ends. It's supposedly not so common, but CAN happen, so.. I wonder if this might be your case..?! I might be completely crazy but from your post you didn't actually TT around Spring/Easter, did you? :p Unless you did, I suspect it might be the cause of this new rock?

Actually, I've heard of a "glitch" of the rocks from Bunny Day (Easter) turning permanent after some people time travelled/didn't play on Bunny Day.. o__O Apparently it's possible to occur if you don't break the rocks (containing rock eggs) before Bunny Day ends. It's supposedly not so common, but CAN happen, so.. I wonder if this might be your case..?! I might be completely crazy but from your post you didn't actually TT around Spring/Easter, did you? :p Unless you did, I suspect it might be the cause of this new rock?

Oh no no i TT today its a new rock from today (and today's date is the 8th :p its been there sine the 7th and of course i mean in game) lol but maybe i am confusing myself with this glitch to the everyday ore rock. I could of sworn half the awkward rocks i have were from not identifying fake rocks but that's just me o.o maybe they did a update on it or i'm just completely insane xD

Fake rocks will never turn permanent, and if you don't break it one day it'll stay in the same spot until you do. I've purposely kept my fake rock in the same spot for months at a time (to make that area in my town symmetrical with another rock in the area), and it still breaks when I want it to.

Oh no no i TT today its a new rock from today (and today's date is the 8th :p its been there sine the 7th and of course i mean in game) lol but maybe i am confusing myself with this glitch to the everyday ore rock. I could of sworn half the awkward rocks i have were from not identifying fake rocks but that's just me o.o maybe they did a update on it or i'm just completely insane xD

Ohh, hehe I see~ Well, I think that if you have a lot of paths or items on your ground, then fake rocks/fossils/pitfalls/etc. are so much more likely to show up in the same place as the day before than without a crowded grass. :3c From memory, I think I've actually had a fake rock in the same place a couple days in a row too, LOL.. Especially since the rocks take up at least 2 grid spaces in diameter, it's probably just a coincidence if you have a crowded town~? ^^ On the other hand, I've often gone days without breaking rocks, sometimes just playing and quitting, and the rock is gone, but a pitfall or fossil is still in the same spot as the day before~ So, I really hope for you too that it's just a total coincidence or glitch if it doesn't break! XD Good luck!!

Ohh, hehe I see~ Well, I think that if you have a lot of paths or items on your ground, then fake rocks/fossils/pitfalls/etc. are so much more likely to show up in the same place as the day before than without a crowded grass. :3c From memory, I think I've actually had a fake rock in the same place a couple days in a row too, LOL.. Especially since the rocks take up at least 2 grid spaces in diameter, it's probably just a coincidence if you have a crowded town~? ^^ On the other hand, I've often gone days without breaking rocks, sometimes just playing and quitting, and the rock is gone, but a pitfall or fossil is still in the same spot as the day before~ So, I really hope for you too that it's just a total coincidence or glitch if it doesn't break! XD Good luck!!

Thank you so much hehe and yeah i haven't had the chance to break it yet if i does i'll update lol.

They won't ever turn into permanent rocks. There is a glitch that the fake egg rocks from april fool's day (EDIT: I ment Bunny day, omg) become permanent though. I never encountered it luckily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back