• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Smash Bros Pyra blazes into battle!

Midoriya

Flowers always bloom~
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
aCjI0VS.jpg

With the Nintendo Direct that is airing today, it has been announced that the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate will be Pyra + Mythra, a 2 in 1 character from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I was really not expecting this and am really excited about it since Xenoblade is one of my favorite series of games from Nintendo. Thoughts?

no lie, idk who she is 😅
i was really hoping they'd add another jazzy character like they did with steve just to keep the game a little interesting

i'd totally play non-stop if edgeworth from ace attorney was added lol

I've never played the Xenoblade games and have no attachment to the characters, but I know people had been wanting Rex/Pyra to be added so it's nice that people got some of what they wanted. Their movesets look fun and that's ultimately what I care about, so I'm looking forward to their addition to the roster.

I've never played the Xenoblade games and have no attachment to the characters, but I know people had been wanting Rex/Pyra to be added so it's nice that people got some of what they wanted.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel, too. I don't think I'll be getting the character, but I'll be looking forward to fighting them!

Their movesets look really fun! I still main Lucina, and I occasionally play as Sephiroth since he came out. Assuming that I enjoy playing as Pyra + Mythra, it will be nice to have another character option that I enjoy playing as. ^_^ I don't have much exposure to the series, other than its amazing soundtrack.

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HER SINCE 2017 I'M SO HAPPY I WAS ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE WHO STILL BELIEVE IJDHSHGAFGHAFHHSD

Just a reminder that Pyra/Mythra is available in Smash as of today!

I just got done playing as both of them against an offsite friend who loves them as well and played as them. We each won our fair share of matches and gained better insight as to how the characters work. Safe to say it was a great way to end the day. 😎

Despite not being particularly interested in the Xenoblade series, I do find Pyra and Mythra's gameplay to be pretty fun in Smash Bros. Mythra's a bit easier to make use of due to Pyra's heaviness and low speed, but Pyra can absolutely annihilate opponents with her powerful moves after sufficient damage has been racked up. I think Pyra and Mythra might find their place alongside Ike, Samus, and Palutena as my preferred and more reliable characters.

Back