problem loading up my town of 3 years, help?

ukito_manager_2006

Bells
im really freaked out right now and im shaking while typing this, i really hope someone can help me out. okay so, today i decided to buy an extra SD card for my nintendo 3DS. this was partly because i was out of space on my old one, and partly because i wanted to start a new world on animal crossing: new leaf without deleting my current town that ive had since 2019. i thought this would work without issue, and for the most part, it did. that is, until i unplugged the new sd card and put my old one back in and attempted to go back to my old town. when i tried i was greeted with an unfamiliar villager on the title screen and the text box "cannot load save data because it was not the last file loaded" or something similar to that. it asked me if i wanted to delete data, so i said no, assuming that meant my town of 3 years. i didnt make a backup of my old world because 1.) i didnt think it would be neccesary and 2.) i would have to buy an sd card reader for my laptop since it didnt come with one pre-installed. please please PLEASE if you have any advice, let me know. i cant bare the thought of losing my world i worked so hard on.

thanks,
a distressed mayor

I'm very sorry, this EXACT same thing happened to me way back in 2014...

To my knowledge if you saved the game in the new town, it corrupts the old town's data :(

Because apparently the downloadable copy of the game isn't ALL stored on the SD card, there's some data stored in the system memory that needs to be there for the town to work. Honestly there should be some warning about that before letting you save over the old town because of situations like these...

It was extremely frustrating for me to learn, and I'm sorry to have to tell you about it. it really sucks :(

If you do find any info definitely put it in this thread, but to my knowledge the old town won't be accessible anymore...

Back