• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Possible news for January Direct (rumor)

Can't tell if you're trying to make a joke or just lying.

Neither. I don't think millions of dollars being wasted for what would be a crap game would go under the joke category. But with that title, I wouldn't say I was lying just yet.

Last edited:
This is hoax, this is not a leak, it's made-up. Sonic the Hedgehog Wiivisited ? Right...

Don't get too worked up over the Back to Basics subtitle. It's not happening.

i don't buy a single part of that article. honestly taking away the new leaf features would be absolutely terrible for the company at large since if i'm not wrong it's the highest selling animal crossing game.

That title makes me nervous, though I knew they would find away to mess the game up. Reggie needs to be canned already.

I did some more research and found some more info on the game:

-You will not be the mayor, just a regular resident.
-8 villagers per town.
-The island has been removed entirely.
-Isabelle is the mayor, Tortimer is actually absent from the game.
-Tom Nook is retired and absent, Lottie has taken over Nook's Homes, and her nieces, Lola and Lila, will run the only T&T shops.
-Lila and Lola are also the only new characters added.
-No new villagers have been added, instead, half have been removed.
-Three personalities have been removed, Smug, Uchi, and Jock. Jock was removed due to complaints from child obesity support activist groups.
-Dr. Shrunk, Phineas, Gulliver, Copper, Booker, Wisp, and Porter have all been removed. And no, that does not mean Champ will return.
-Plot resetting is now impossible in every way.
-Gyroids will now spawn in your town every other day except when it rains and snows, in which it will still spawn.
-All holidays have been removed except the crappy holidays from Wild World. They have returned.
-The city returns, although it has since been abandoned and you can't do anything except walk and look around and the run down buildings.
-Each time you load into the game, when your character exits his/her house, Lyle will be there to give you a nice "quick" talk about home improvements.
-Hourly music will be the same from New Leaf.
-After quitting without saving for five times, your file will be deleted, and you'll have to create a new town.
-Damn.

This whole 'leak' smells like fish....

That title makes me nervous, though I knew they would find away to mess the game up. Reggie needs to be canned already.

-8 villagers per town.
-Tom Nook is retired and absent, Lottie has taken over Nook's Homes, and her nieces, Lola and Lila, will run the only T&T shops.
-Three personalities have been removed, Smug, Uchi, and Jock. Jock was removed due to complaints from child obesity support activist groups.
-Dr. Shrunk, Phineas, Gulliver, Copper, Booker, Wisp, and Porter have all been removed. And no, that does not mean Champ will return.
-Gyroids will now spawn in your town every other day except when it rains and snows, in which it will still spawn.
-All holidays have been removed except the crappy holidays from Wild World. They have returned.
-The city returns, although it has since been abandoned and you can't do anything except walk and look around and the run down buildings.
-Each time you load into the game, when your character exits his/her house, Lyle will be there to give you a nice "quick" talk about home improvements.
-After quitting without saving for five times, your file will be deleted, and you'll have to create a new town.
-Damn.

You know, you could have said 'The new Animal Crossing for the Switch is a port of
amiibo Festival with some new mini-games' and I would have believe you this more
than this supposed to be "leak".

Mink is obviously lying, I don’t know why they are doing it though.

But guys, I know when my sources are invalid, and that just isn't the case for the leak I found.

I hope is fake information and better info release soon

But guys, I know when my sources are invalid, and that just isn't the case for the leak I found.

I don't know your "sources", but the problem is: Most of these points sounds so ridiculous, they can't
be true, otherwise this game would be a huge downgrade compared to New Leaf and Nintendo would
be really crazy if they would pull another amiibo Festival and wasted the first Animal Crossing game
for their latest console.

Also, keep in mind: Everyone can make a leak. I can also go ahead, posted something and called it
a leak, saying "It's 100% true, the dog of from my dad's cousin's best friend works at Nintendo and
saw everything, it totally real!!!". If doesn't comes from a serious source, which was right with other
leaks in the past, then you should take such leaks with a ton of salt and maybe ignore it for now till
it gets either confirmed or disconfirmed.

For now, this "leak" is a troll leak and I will not pay it any attention till we finally get some informations
fron Nintendo.

-8 villagers per town.
-Damn.

If you're tryna make a joke sis work on your material

If you're tryna make a joke sis work on your material

No u

It was obviously not real people. I don't even know how one could possibly believe that. Maybe I underestimated your passion for this franchise.

Last edited:
No u

It was obviously not real people. I don't even know how one could possibly believe that. Maybe I underestimated your passion for this franchise.

Nah, I don't think anyone thought it was real, but they did think you thought it was real. I guess, as overt as you were, there was still something about the delivery that, well, it just wasn't funny, so what's the point. People do the same thing over and over again, and obviously fake leaks aren't exactly comedy gold. That said, I've seen at least one user here who seemed to believe in your fake leak, and that's just a nuisance. There are a lot of young kids on here who might be more likely to believe what you're saying too, so like, maybe think about who your audience is if you're trying to be such a funny jokester xD

No u

Well, I knew that this wasn't real, I just said my thoughts about it that, if Nintendo would do
something like the things you listed, then they can prepare their butts for a big riot coming
from really upset fans.

Other then that, I doubt that the majority here thought that this would be real. Overall, I
think a leak that actually sounds promising would be called more believable then a leak like
you posted. But then, all leaks should be taken with skepticism till Nintendo gives us official
informations (except it's a leak coming from a serious source or from a leaker who is believable
and was right with other leaks back then).

Also, a little tip: If you want to make a fake leak, make sure it contains good stuff and doesn't
sound like "amiibo Festival 2.0, now with more suffering" like the leak you posted. :p

Well the intent wasn't to make a realistic fake leak. I wasn't even thinking much when I posted that.

I don't think that title is real. It really sounds like the game would be a downgrade from New Leaf with it.

Usually the new version of a game will allow one to do more; not less.

I won’t go over the item-by-item from Mink777’s list. But, I can say I am not convinced that info is accurate.

Last edited:
Back