Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Pokerus was removed from the game in Scarlet/Violet. If you transferred a mon with Pokerus in S/V, the game removed it as if the Pokemon never received it in the first place.

Do you think Pokerus should have been kept or are you fine with its removal?

I was disappointed by the removal of PokéRus in Scarlet & Violet. It helped increase experience point gain and EV yield, so it was only beneficial in the games it was in. Plus after having it be present in so many games for so many years, its removal, like other games removing longstanding features from their franchises (like the removal of the classic clothes and furniture sets in New Horizons), just feels like a bummer.

Ultimately I'm fine with it because it was a fairly minor feature anyway. It's not the end of the world or anything, especially because of the unfortunately always on Exp. Share, but yeah. Just felt unnecessary to remove.

Personally, I think it should have been kept in. I remember first encountering it on my old Gold file - it wasn't listed in any of the guides at the time, so I was pretty excited to come across a rare game mechanic. I'd often try to get Pokerus in my other games as well.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but yeah, they should have kept it in. Some of us like to 'collect' the extra markings that you can get.

I know it didn't have a massive game impact, but I'm disappointed that they removed it. It seems like a weird feature to remove? I remember getting so excited when one of my pokemon got it, and researching my first case in my pokemon diamond/pearl guidebook as a kid. 😆 But it also made grinding easier, which, I get isn't as much of a necessity in sv than older games, but still.

My personal theory is that the removal had something to do with the coronavirus. Even though Pokerus is a beneficial virus and only exists in a game, maybe they removed it for the sensibilities during the pandemic times.

I'm overall fine with its removal, it really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the games, whether I play an older game like FireRed or Platinum in which it's coded in or if I play something like Legends Arceus or Scarlet where it no longer exists. I mainly play casually and don't worry too much about EV investment and what have you. I used to try to build competitive teams, but it became too tedious and just not worth my time.

I can totally understand why it would annoy some people that it was removed, because it was a very useful way of making your Pokémon stronger, but it's not the ONLY way. Not with things like Macho Brace, Power Anklet, Hyper Training, etc. And honestly, with how low of a chance someone would actually ever come across a wild encounter with an infected Pokémon (the odds were even lower than the original 1/8192 shiny rate) I don't think many people even knew Pokérus existed in the first place.

The Poké veterans will miss Pokérus, yes, but for new players...ignorance is Blissey.

I've yet to play Scarlet but I was really disappointed when I heard Pokérus was gone. ;; I'm not into competitive or very serious grinding so the benefits of it aren't particularly interesting to me, but I've always been kinda charmed by its sheer rarity. I just think it would be cool to have one of my Pokémon get it someday and experience any special Pokémon Center dialogue for myself—thankfully I've still got some older games to play through, so there's still that chance, but I do think it's a shame that it's no longer a possibility.

Back