• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

US Trailer has been released showcasing both new Ultra Beasts! UB-02 Expansion english name is UB-02 Absorption.

Last edited:
I guess that really is meant to be a mosquito but...you know how people joke about new pokemon not matching the original generation? Wellllll....

I guess that really is meant to be a mosquito but...you know how people joke about new pokemon not matching the original generation? Wellllll....

Do they call the ultra beasts Pokemon, though?
Personally, I don't mind something new. I loved some of the new features X and Y had to offer, and a lot of the new Pokemon, but the story felt kind of hollow. This looks like it'll have more to explore.

Still infinitely amused by this:
CsJeyaqUAAEhjDf.jpg

CsJeyaoUkAIglRb.jpg

Last edited:
Do they call the ultra beasts Pokemon, though?
Personally, I don't mind something new. I loved some of the new features X and Y had to offer, and a lot of the new Pokemon, but the story felt kind of hollow. This looks like it'll have more to explore.

Still infinitely amused by this:
CsJeyaqUAAEhjDf.jpg

CsJeyaoUkAIglRb.jpg

I don't know if it's me or not, but UB Beauty and the first girl on the life have like the exact same pose, and the hair shape of both looks similar at the top? Now I have this crazy idea that some team figured out how to turn into pokemon-like beings... Some similarities between the others as well :/

Don't listen to me...

Pretty much what I'm thinking about, and so are a bunch of other people.

Beware, the blond green-eyed people.

If it IS true that these people turn into the beasts, then I want to know how Tapu Koko fits into this??

Last edited:
Pretty much what I'm thinking about, and so are a bunch of other people.

Beware, the blond green-eyed people.

If it IS true that these people turn into the beasts, then I want to know how Tapu Koko fits into this??

He protecting the island like a champ

I didn't even notice the blond/green eyes.
Tape Koko is probably like a legit island guardian and these people are "fake"
So obviously he can't have them going around?

I can't match Mr. muscle mosquito with the guy from Team Skull though. I'm not seeing much consistency.

Note how UB-02 muscle mosquito and UB-02 weird trilobite thing are restricted to just one game...would this mean that Team Aether and Team Skull replace each other in Sun and Moon respectively, at least in certain plot points?

Mr. muscle mosquito

I can never remember it's actual name, but I'm probably never going to forget that.

I can't decide which team I think is actually going to be evil, Skull seems like the obvious choice but that might be so we don't expect that the Aether foundation is who's actually causing all the problems. I don't really see the resemblance, but could it be for a character we haven't seen yet?

I can't match Mr. muscle mosquito with the guy from Team Skull though. I'm not seeing much consistency.

Note how UB-02 muscle mosquito and UB-02 weird trilobite thing are restricted to just one game...would this mean that Team Aether and Team Skull replace each other in Sun and Moon respectively, at least in certain plot points?

I can kind of see the resemblance but I had to try really hard. The red/black color scheme, Gladion's clothes are ripped on certain parts of his body while Expansion is literally just ripped, Gladion has spikes coming out of his hoodie while Expansion has spikes around his head and shoulders.

UB-02 Beauty is also more likely based off of copepods, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copepod

I thought copepods but there are inconsistencies. The body segment design looks like it came from parchment worms. I think its just going to be a catdogfox deal like eevee.

Have to say, I'm quite impressed with the new Pokemon for this gen. I don't think I've liked the look of the starting Pokemon or new additions so much since gen 2. Plan on getting both games, moon first and then sun when I have some more money spare. I usually get both releases. Haven't seen what version exclusives are available yet though, will check out if that's released yet, unless anybody here knows?
Pretty sure I'll still get moon first though. Very excited for it :)

Have to say, I'm quite impressed with the new Pokemon for this gen. I don't think I've liked the look of the starting Pokemon or new additions so much since gen 2. Plan on getting both games, moon first and then sun when I have some more money spare. I usually get both releases. Haven't seen what version exclusives are available yet though, will check out if that's released yet, unless anybody here knows?
Pretty sure I'll still get moon first though. Very excited for it :)

That Gen 1 & Gen 2 nostalgia is hunting you isn't it?

Back