• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I just unlocked the judge/pc checker....this is my favorite new feature ^-^ thanks for telling me! is there a way to reset or clear off the evs in sun and moon?

one of the festival plaza shops sells ev reducing drinks, and i think the highest tier shop sells a drink that resets all evs

I just unlocked the judge/pc checker....this is my favorite new feature ^-^ thanks for telling me! is there a way to reset or clear off the evs in sun and moon?

3-star to 5-star Friendship Caf? (Moon Exclusive) and Friendship Parlor (Sun Exclusive) sell EV reset services. They sell a single EV reset service for one specific stat at the 3-Star Ranking, and get a new EV reset service for another stat at each star after; up to three EV reset services at a 5 star ranking. Friendship Caf? can reset your Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed EVs. Friendship Parlor will reset your HP, Attack, and Defense EVs. They are both version exclusive, and the only way to get both in the same game is to have one of your Festival Plaza visitors recommend it to you from the other game (but from my experience I only get 1 star stores).

There are also 6 different types of berries. Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato berries reduce the EVs of one specific stat by 10 EVs each. The berry tree on Route 10 gives three random berries of any combination, and you can pick new ones each day (save before the tree and reset if you need specific berries). You can grow more of these in Pok? Pelago on Isle Aplenny, and you get anywhere from 5-14 of these specific berries after harvest. You are guaranteed to get the max amount I believe, if you have the highest upgrade for Isle Aplenny and you use Pok? Beans to make them grow faster. They take 48 hours to grow but adding in enough Pok? Beans will make them grow twice as fast. A combination of mainly Plain Beans and a few Patterned Beans is enough to make the bean effects last for 24 hours so that you can harvest your berries exactly a day after you plant them.

3-star to 5-star Friendship Caf? (Moon Exclusive) and Friendship Parlor (Sun Exclusive) sell EV reset services. They sell a single EV reset service for one specific stat at the 3-Star Ranking, and get a new EV reset service for another stat at each star after; up to three EV reset services at a 5 star ranking. Friendship Caf? can reset your Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed EVs. Friendship Parlor will reset your HP, Attack, and Defense EVs. They are both version exclusive, and the only way to get both in the same game is to have one of your Festival Plaza visitors recommend it to you from the other game (but from my experience I only get 1 star stores).

There are also 6 different types of berries. Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato berries reduce the EVs of one specific stat by 10 EVs each. The berry tree on Route 10 gives three random berries of any combination, and you can pick new ones each day (save before the tree and reset if you need specific berries). You can grow more of these in Pok? Pelago on Isle Aplenny, and you get anywhere from 5-14 of these specific berries after harvest. You are guaranteed to get the max amount I believe, if you have the highest upgrade for Isle Aplenny and you use Pok? Beans to make them grow faster. They take 48 hours to grow but adding in enough Pok? Beans will make them grow twice as fast. A combination of mainly Plain Beans and a few Patterned Beans is enough to make the bean effects last for 24 hours so that you can harvest your berries exactly a day after you plant them.

Did Gamefreak become a group of sadists? They're making their fans suffer. lol

Did Gamefreak become a group of sadists? They're making their fans suffer. lol

On the plus side, you no longer have to water your own berries anymore. Just plant them, put the beans in the box, then come back in 24 hours to harvest them. After you harvest one of each, you can divide up the 18 slots to grow three of each berry at a time to get up to 39 of each berry per day (after planting another three for the next day). You only need at most 26 berries to completely reset a single stat that has 252 EVs. They aren't as good as the EV reset bags in Gen 6 but it's miles better than the Festival Plaza at least.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop joining the battle spot royales with underleveled teams :/ they always disconnect and ruin it for the other 3

I wish people would stop joining the battle spot royales with underleveled teams :/ they always disconnect and ruin it for the other 3

Well people wanted try out but they don't want to against level high up people
Personally I don't battle to battle just to have fun not caring if I lose or win.... thought most if the time I loose

I do wonder why game freak took out 3D models for sun & moon
Seeing the z move on the 3ds in 3D would have been awesome
And also the megas

Today was a good day. Did a few Wonder Trades and randomly got a Popplio, bred him until I got a female on the second egg. Put a female Rowlet in the GTS and got a Litten in return. While training the starters I ran into a Jangmo-o who summoned a Hakamo-o and I ended up catching the evo. Now I'm just working on getting everyone to the right levels.

I can't decide on whether or not I should keep Lucario or Kommo-o. I don't like how Lucario is yet another Fighting type that is weak to Fighting but he has good moves and high speed and attack power. Only problem is defense is really low. Kommo-o has really high base stats (600) but lacks in HP and speed. Plus I don't really care for the Dragon type. They're powerful but Dragon isn't really effective on anything.

i think ev training has been made harder at the start, but much easier once you've grinded out the relevant pelago upgrades and plaza stores

I do wonder why game freak took out 3D models for sun & moon
Seeing the z move on the 3ds in 3D would have been awesome
And also the megas

The game drops to 10 frames a second or less when there are more than 2 models on the screen. There is no way it could handle 3D.

The game drops to 10 frames a second or less when there are more than 2 models on the screen. There is no way it could handle 3D.

True like the game itself feel like it's missing parts but everything they have put in the game it's to reach its maximum
I just hope with the update on January with pokebank they can fix that

i think ev training has been made harder at the start, but much easier once you've grinded out the relevant pelago upgrades and plaza stores

SOS Chaining is pretty good. Once a chain starts, you get a x2 multiplier added on to each EV you aquire from fainting a Pok?mon. This stacks with the x2 multiplier from Pok?rus, and Power items now give you an extra 8 EVs in a specific stat instead of 4 EVs. This means you can get a total of 36 EVs off of a Pok?mon that would normally give only 1 EV without those stacked effects.

SOS Chaining is pretty good. Once a chain starts, you get a x2 multiplier added on to each EV you aquire from fainting a Pok?mon. This stacks with the x2 multiplier from Pok?rus, and Power items now give you an extra 8 EVs in a specific stat instead of 4 EVs. This means you can get a total of 36 EVs off of a Pok?mon that would normally give only 1 EV without those stacked effects.

Certainly easier in the long run, I'd probably mess up and miscount though :) Getting exact numbers seems harder.

Back