• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pocket camp players want us to stop complaining?

Underneath The Stars

거기 너 i fancy you
Bells
Tasty Cake
as time went on and people have started to beautify their islands, players realized the lack of variety with new horizons indoor and outdoor furniture. that even a free mobile game, seems to have more variety. it's not a lie, they have cool amenities that puts our nook stop furniture to shame. their fortune cookie items are interesting. items that have never been released on ac universe. i played pocket camp for a while, and thought it will be SO exciting to see some of these new items on the new game. well i was wrong.

now, i've read threads/conversations on social media saying we (people that own new horizons) should stop requesting for pocket camp items to be on NH. according to them we "already have so much stuff to do" and they just have event tasks to complete. while i do see their point, i get it, it's sad for them they can't play this game, and have to settle for pocket camp. but we PAID for this game. we don't even want all of pocket camp items? it just would be cool to have furniture style/theme variety as there's no denying we lack of it. it limits the design we have in mind when we plan a certain theme. pocket camp furniture are so creative. even the way the villagers interact with the event/fortune cookie items are so neat.

sure NH will see future updates, but i don't think it will be as regular pocket camp where they have new furniture monthly. who even wants monthly tasks to get furniture on new horizons?

is this a case of us being spoiled or do you see these pocket camp players saying the same thing once they get new horizons?

i don’t think it’s wrong requesting items from pocket camp to be in nh! at the end of the day, they’re just virtual

fancyyy youuu
Yeah, it's not like the addition of these items to NH would be tied to their removal from PC, so no one's losing anything.

I mean, they're losing their sense of possession, exclusivity... But I don't think Nintendo should pander to their entitlement just to avoid deflating their egos. Adding these items to NH is a win-win situation

I’ve been playing PC since day one. I want all the PC furny in NH. As much as PC changed over time, I’m fairly confident the same will happen to NH and we‘ll have things we can’t even imagine. I’m glad about it.

i guess it does take time. i just feel like pocket camp was a free game, so obviously it would start like that. it's funny though it went from camping to what it is now. since pocket camp was a tool to promote new horizons, i thought we would have seen more of the items from it. (even acpc has the original furni series, we don't!) and even when we connected to get the pocket camp exclusive items, we got like 10 items? what was that?

i am also confident nintendo will give us more variety though. i think it's just natural for us to ask we want these items, as we're not sure when they are coming.

Well, I was an avid Pocket Camp player and they have the whole gachapon junk. So a lot of the items minus event items are paid.

Granted in Pocket Camp, the game gives out a lot of free dailies and leaf tickets.

I'm guessing if acnh gained some of their items like the fortune cookie stuff, it'd probably make the players mad. It's a honest reaction.

I think acnh should get items as exciting as Pocket Camp items but they probably shouldn't be the same items. It has to acnh exclusive only.

Like I'll miss my little chipmunk (bear?) ears and devil wings in Pocket Camp, but I also paid for them with leaf tickets. It'd be wrong to see pc paid items in acnh for free.

Their in-game shop and gachapon eat a lot of irl money plus pocket camp players can't trade with each other. So you have to understand them a bit.

I played pocket camp for awhile. I haven't seen anyone complain about the new horizons people wanting more items. In a sense, I can understand where their frustrations would be coming from if we got all these items. A lot of the nicer items like fortune cookie items were bought with leaf tickets which are purchasable with cash. So, some of these players may have put their money into the app and feel as though it wouldn't be fair if we just got all these items for free and could just easily purchase them with bells. Sure, you could earn leaf tickets pretty easily if you tried, but I'm sure some people did put real money into getting all the items they wanted!

I feel duped that PC has better items than NH.

NH is a wooden jungle and it's bland.

The very limited amount of regular items look like they were created by a monkey.

I don't understand the bad graphics. Like they just couldn't be bothered, except for the items you craft.

Well it's a whole lotta wood..

And not the good kind.

Give us items on a par with PC, at the very least, or bring back previous sets with a half decent face lift.

Well, I was an avid Pocket Camp player and they have the whole gachapon junk. So a lot of the items minus event items are paid.

Granted in Pocket Camp, the game gives out a lot of free dailies and leaf tickets.

I'm guessing if acnh gained some of their items like the fortune cookie stuff, it'd probably make the players mad. It's a honest reaction.

I think acnh should get items as exciting as Pocket Camp items but they probably shouldn't be the same items. It has to acnh exclusive only.

Like I'll miss my little chipmunk (bear?) ears and devil wings in Pocket Camp, but I also paid for them with leaf tickets. It'd be wrong to see pc paid items in acnh for free.

Their in-game shop and gachapon eat a lot of irl money plus pocket camp players can't trade with each other. So you have to understand them a bit.
I played pocket camp for awhile. I haven't seen anyone complain about the new horizons people wanting more items. In a sense, I can understand where their frustrations would be coming from if we got all these items. A lot of the nicer items like fortune cookie items were bought with leaf tickets which are purchasable with cash. So, some of these players may have put their money into the app and feel as though it wouldn't be fair if we just got all these items for free and could just easily purchase them with bells. Sure, you could earn leaf tickets pretty easily if you tried, but I'm sure some people did put real money into getting all the items they wanted!

totally see their point. but i guess it's natural for both to feel that way. one has spent money on it (not on the game but for a virtual item), and the other felt like their game lack in variety.
the pocket camp reddit could get insane, people really be completing these fortune cookie items so quick. they obviously got them with buying leaf tickets.

y'all right though, it's better if both games have different exclusive items. they should be able to find a way to make items that are similar but still different.

Honestly, I think they should release pocket camp furny from events! Or maybe special quests (Akin to the 3DS island minigames or welcome amiibo update games) ~ I disagree that we have so much to do/decorate. While yes, we have a variety of color variations pertaining to furniture and that’s nice. The actual furniture sets are kind of lacking and plain. I get that we’re on an island but there’s imports for a reason xD.

I played pocket camp for awhile. I haven't seen anyone complain about the new horizons people wanting more items.

oh and btw it's just recently.. and i don't think it's a lot of them! i think it started because on social media, new horizon players are starting to make noise about how the pocket camp items should be on new horizons. these tweets get like THOUSANDS of likes.

I agree that NH items shouldnt be the same as PC ones. PC has absolutely beautiful items but it also would seem, uh, lazy to add the exactly same items? I don't know. Maybe every game should be unique, I mean.

oh and btw it's just recently.. and i don't think it's a lot of them! i think it started because on social media, new horizon players are starting to make noise about how the pocket camp items should be on new horizons. these tweets get like THOUSANDS of likes.
That would also partly explain why I haven't seen anything about it. I dont really use Twitter other than to upload screenshots from my switch. I do follow the main animal crossing subreddits though. I'm curious if I'll see anything about this topic there.

Also, I agree it could be nice to have similar but different items instead of just taking all these items that people purchased with their money!

i actually don’t want the PC items in NH simply because i dislike most of them, and they seem very gimmicky to me. on top of that, they disproportionately cater to certain styles (modern furniture in that game is lacking; cute and regal furniture abound).

i want more of the furniture that was in NL back instead, especially the ‘practical’/everyday items and trinkets. or just entirely new furniture in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raz
Some of the items in PC are kinda a hit and miss. A lot of them only work in a specific theme and don’t work well with other furniture, but there are a lot of great ones though.

NH really needs more furniture though because rn I’m starting to realize how much of a lack of furniture there is.....

Some of the items in PC are kinda a hit and miss. A lot of them only work in a specific theme and don’t work well with other furniture, but there are a lot of great ones though.

NH really needs more furniture though because rn I’m starting to realize how much of a lack of furniture there is.....

yeah but that's the thing, there's a little bit of something for everyone. if the event theme is not your thing you can skip it. but let's say you want a fairy theme, or vineyard, or beachy, it'll be so much easier to design our islands with the theme we're going for with those items.

idk, i wouldn't mind furniture from PC coming to NH! as someone who used to play the game before they got kinda stingy with the premium currency, i'm surprised we see basically no furniture from the app in NH. at the very least, i'd love to have more exciting or themed items like they did in pocket camp! we have very realistic household items, but i'd appreciate more fun and whimsical stuff added to the game as well! i think it would give a lot more range for creativity and unique island designs

It wouldn't even be that hard to import PC items to NH, they've already done some of them already. It's the same model, just upres textures. Both games are even developed directly from Nintendo, there's no hoops to jump through to get permission to port models. Hell, Raymond debuted on PC and was ported over no problem.

As for PC players getting mad at NH players over items, I believe it's because they paid irl money for these items so they should be exclusive. That's totally fair, but all I can really say if they do get ported is that it's on them, they decided to spend their money on a gacha game. That's why I dipped out when fortune cookies were introduce, yes the items look amazing, but gambling and not having the ability to trade your dupes you paid for? No thanks, I'll just wait for NH, if we ever get paid DLC furniture sets in the future, at least we'll know exactly what we're buying beforehand and they'll be tradeable. (Sorry, I just hate mobile gacha games and paid lootbox systems so much.)

We'll just have to wait and see if we get more items ported over, or anything that's on pair with the PC items. The space set is really good, let's get more of that. Remember, we have 3 years worth of updates coming, so who knows what's waiting for us.

Back