• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Pleasure Cruise Mini Mafia VIII [Game Over/Mafia Win]

You might as well even though whatever I try to argue against it will be shot down since you seem to think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the set-up

Not having PM's hurts more in a semi-open setup than it does in a closed setup. What are you even going to do with PMs in a closed setup? Especially one with unpredictable roles? You realise in a closed setup that you should assume nothing. The only consistent factor is that there is a scum team. Forget about blues, the worst mistake you can make is to play the entire game waiting for that cop check. Same applies to a semi-open setup, I could easily not put any cops in. Forget about blues, and piece together the case based on posts and voting. If you are a blue, you work independently and treat your powers as a TERTIARY tool.

/shoot KarlaKGB

Yep, never playing Mini Mafia ever again. For some reason, I never do my best in Mini's.

You might as well even though whatever I try to argue against it will be shot down since you seem to think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the set-up

No, please explain in detail what is wrong with the setup, instead of just simply saying "closed setup with no pm = too little information".

Stop trying to shoot down critiques of the game with "salt" claims.

Also read obs. After I was lynched I said I was hoping mafia would win ;)

You were absolutely losing your mind when you were being lynched. I was laughing all the way to your grave! LOL

I found it harder to stay interested this game. If I wasn't scum I'd have probably bailed on this game at some point. It wasn't until the mason chat with Superpenguin that I actually took an interest.

I guess I missed the more social aspect of mafia - PM land is how I've gotten closer to people both in and out of the game. e.g. the thing I loved most about Bioshock was the super early morning/late night chats with oath2order. And in HP mafia it was talking to Ashtot everyday that kept me interested.

Fun game. Sorry if I went a little too far in any of my posts. Stress, study, pressure etc etc

Thanks for hosting and playing everyone. Superpenguin I laughed when you didn't buy my roleclaim at all. None of that bs thank you. You are a funny player.

Fun game. Sorry if I went a little too far in any of my posts. Stress, study, pressure etc etc

Thanks for hosting and playing everyone. Superpenguin I laughed when you didn't buy my roleclaim at all. None of that bs thank you. You are a funny player.

You can never go too far in mafia!

(just kidding)

Y'know, one thing I think would help in a no PM game is increase the minimum amount of posts that people have to make. Look at this..

In the top 5 posters, Superpenguin, Lauren, Olive, and I were town.

I mean, all mafia but Alice survived until the end of the game. Yet there was a fairly large lack of contribution. As of this post, Tina had 9 posts, Gandalf had 26, Natty had 41, and Jer had 86.

Compare that to the top town posters: Superpenguin with 103, me with 96, Lauren with 66, Olive with 51.

I think that if we're going to have a no outside communication game, then the rules need to be modified to make it so you have to post at least more than once per day/night cycle. I don't know what the minimum should be.

It's a little difficult for us to analyze the mafia posts when they scrape by with the bare minimum amount of posts. There's nothing to analyze.

And on the Tina thing, before anybody says anything about strategic inactivity

[00:50:09] <Tinaa> as i've said before, i'd have been equally in active regardless of alignment. wasn't strategic inactivity!

Y'know, one thing I think would help in a no PM game is increase the minimum amount of posts that people have to make. Look at this..

In the top 5 posters, Superpenguin, Lauren, Olive, and I were town.

I mean, all mafia but Alice survived until the end of the game. Yet there was a fairly large lack of contribution. As of this post, Tina had 9 posts, Gandalf had 26, Natty had 41, and Jer had 86.

Compare that to the top town posters: Superpenguin with 103, me with 96, Lauren with 66, Olive with 51.

I think that if we're going to have a no outside communication game, then the rules need to be modified to make it so you have to post at least more than once per day/night cycle. I don't know what the minimum should be.

It's a little difficult for us to analyze the mafia posts when they scrape by with the bare minimum amount of posts. There's nothing to analyze.

And on the Tina thing, before anybody says anything about strategic inactivity

[00:50:09] <Tinaa> as i've said before, i'd have been equally in active regardless of alignment. wasn't strategic inactivity!

I do agree with you that no PM's setup gives mafia quite a bit of favor. That's why I was actually happy to be scum. lol

I think you're idea is good.

Back