• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Please help me with my town!!!!!!!!

Xerneas

Bells
I'm now up to 2,000+ resets and I rolled this town. I really want to have a good layout before I start playing so my question is, what do you think of this layout? This is my first AC game so I don't know if it's good or not!

Town Name: Marzipan
Fruit: Peaches
Villagers: Bud, Bonbon, Gayle, Nate, Velma

ac.jpg

Last edited:
One pond, good ramps, villagers can always be swapped later...I say go for it, but the only thing I dislike is no private beach, but I don't think you should let that get in your way.

Last edited:
My opinion:

PRO: It only has one pond and you have a nice wide portion of the beach at the south. Your house location is very pretty, too.

NEUTRAL/CON: The position of the town tree: personally, I like my town tree out of the way. Others like it in the center of the town though, so that's up to you. There's not much space to the left, right, and south of the town tree, however, and since you don't have that much space for PWPs to begin with (because of the large and winding river), this might become an issue. Also, that narrow strip of land at the top right corner might be useless.

All in all, it's still a good map in my opinion, although it doesn't have a lot of space. Do you love it when you walk around it?

Wow, I didn't realize it didn't have a lot of spece. o.o I thought it had more space than a lot of the maps I've seen. While it is a winding river, it's not excessive, and other than the small area where my house is (and the small strip of land up north) there's not too many skinny land areas. I would have liked a private beach, but it's not a necessity.

Hm, I'll have to think about this one.

I like the map. You can definitely work something (lighthouse, windmill, relaxation place, PWP stuff) out for the thin strips of land on the right side and south side. I personally would build a park place around the town plaza or surround the plaza in flowers and trees.
I should warn you about the bridge close to your house. Bridges take 6 by 6 space requirement. Your house look awfully close to it. In the future I suggest you shouldn't take down your original bridge unless you want to build the new bridge further away from your house.

The only problem that strikes me is that Re-Tail isn't as close to the beach ramps as I'd like it to be. I also like having more than just one pond. However, neither of those are game-breaking issues, and my own preferences aren't law for everyone. I'd say go for it.

I'm lazy, so up until 2 other bridges were built - I'd hate it.
Other than that it looks sufficient.

It doesn't look like there's a lot of space for pwp. Oh, and count the number of permanent rocks as well. :)

I really don't like where retail is. I always prefer for retail to be near the top of the map opposed to the bottom.

Back