• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

I had to delete Instagram cos of a group of crazies who were getting dramatic about crediting for a path that they chose to upload to the design portal and anyone could find they took it so serious went on a maaaaad trip and I just cannot with that
I think I remember that incident. Can’t believe grown adults acted like that.

I think I remember that incident. Can’t believe grown adults acted like that.
Yhhh you remember? It was CRAZY and went way too far over something so not important! I am sick of adults acting like they are the children in general when actual children just want them act like adults about things

I wonder how Star Bits from the Mario Galaxy games taste. I would have guess they’d taste like konpeito (which I’ve never had), but according to Rosalina’s storybook, they taste like honey. But that raises more questions. Are Star Bits supposed to be eaten by humans or are they meant for Lumas, it’s just that humans can also eat them? Do they have enough nutrients to survive off of? Do they taste sweet because they contain sugar? How many of them is safe to have? You can give Lumas hundreds of them, so is it just because Lumas have a different anatomy? Do Lumas only eat Star Bits? So many questions.

Also, it’s a crime against humanity that no Smash game has a remix of the Ocarina of Time title theme in any capacity. Not even in a medley or anything.

You can tell the event is over because nearly all of the activity on this forum has died down again.
Right, the same goes for old basement games getting bumped and the surge of exposure threads. It was pretty refreshing for a change, it's a shame that it's not like that more often.
Maybe the bell boom should be permanent for when there aren't any dusting events going on.

Super interesting what zipper has in store for us this time around, thought will be asleep before I find out.
Here's hoping I can get that sweet heart balloon one day~

Was trying to do some video editing, but I dunno; feel weird about tonight, can't focus on anything. :/ blahh

When I was at a candy store, one of the old signs they have for sale was “Hot Dogs for 15 cents each”. While that sounds pretty cheap, if you were alive at the time, 15 cents was pretty hard to get. In those days, a hamburger from McDonald’s was worth 5 cents.

Crocomire is EASILY one of the most annoying bosses in all of the Metroid series.

I can’t believe I missed the April Fools’ event where the site got turned into a Kirby forum. That would have been hands down the best thing I’ve ever experienced…

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was the year Kirby and the Forgotten Land had come out.
I found some screenshots I took:
1648839217870.png
1648839229411.png
1648866251807.png
1648839204790.png

All Easter eggs appeared as Kirby eggs. Those were my turquoise squid eggs lol.

I saw some photos of myself from 10 years ago, aged 18, and it’s crazy how much female fashion has changed. Granted, I wasn’t the most trend-conscious, but stuff like Aeropostale dressy blouses with cardigans, skinny jeans, and flip flops are not as popular as they used to be lol. I also wore kitten heels in my senior photos, which still look good to me…but now I don’t think I would wear.

I also used to wear makeup back then, but I didn’t like how it felt— especially eye makeup.

Now I wear whatever is comfy. If I have to dress up, I do, but the clothes are still loose and comfortable. I don’t pay attention to trends now because so many look uncomfortable, like crop tops.

Basically, to all the young ‘uns out there…you’re going to look back at your photos with pride (as you should) but also amazement at how much things have changed.

Ambient new age music that is nothing but slowed-down synth notes and occasional electronic/wind noises is excellent music to fall asleep to. These songs also have little, if any, percussion instruments, which is actually great if you need somewhat persistent noise that isn’t just straight-up white noise.

I wish there was a good playlist of such songs somewhere. There was one on Spotify that had many good tracks, but I don’t use it anymore. The ones I keep finding aren’t related to what I’m describing.

I still remember the egg hunt where the search bar was removed. To think I was apart of history for that event.

I was reading an article on TV Tropes regarding short-running western animation, and one of the short-running cartoons shown in said article suddenly took me down to memory lane...

I forgot all about Calling Cat 22 until I found it on TV Tropes! I remember seeing this on Boomerang when I was younger.
Cartoon Network aired animated shorts that served as interstitials between programs, called Wedgies, and Calling Cat 22 was one of the shorts that aired on Wedgies.

The other one that I remember watching that aired on Wedgies, was a short, called Nacho Bear.

And then another short I remember seeing suddenly popped up in my head, and I couldn't remember for the longest time what it was. I knew it had something to do with the character, Quick Draw McGraw. I had to some further research, and then I found it. That short was called, "El Kabong Rides Again", which had El Kabong, the alter-ego of Quick Draw McGraw.

Back