• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

IMG_6209.jpeg

It shows my avatar next to the thread because I posted in it, but the original poster’s profile picture is Chikorita. So now there’s two Gen 2 starters on my screen.

Things that legitimately freaked me out as a kid:

The first race against Wizpig in Diddy Kong Racing. The intense music, his voice and laugh, the rain and lightning, the sudden difficulty spike, the constant pressure of hearing his massive footsteps right behind me. He was so damn menacing to me lol

Dorrie's original design. There's a sign in Hazy Maze Cave that warns you not to become the "gentle sea dragon's" lunch.

DrQsunlX4AAUw1j
Face time with Clanker.

xIvvULBh-TabdA2Yn-zh9M9xpnvpoJjNwHr6reoDHW0.jpg

Oh and these guys, too.

20130701-142442.jpg

Seeing THIS thing's flailing arms just around the corner...

btshot14.jpg

But scariest of them all was this demented chicken from Glover 64 that would swing back and forth amidst the hellish red landscape...

hqdefault_3_orig.jpg

You know, for kids!
snacker the shark is so hilarious lol. I remember playing Banjo-Kazooie for the first time, and when I jumped into the water I just heard this dun-dun-dun-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN and I was like ah geez what is that 😭 now every time I play it and jump in the water and hear that music my anxiety goes up so much haha. it's like, so intense and your fate with snacker is inevitable. you just can't get away from him jsgsjfnsg

I wonder if I have a slight fear of heights.

This weekend I was riding a cable car hooked to a Zipline. I felt a compulsive urge to grip something.

Not enough to stop me from getting on the thing. But definitely made me contemplate.

^I DEFINITELY have a fear of heights! You won't catch me on one of those things anytime soon LOL!

I remember sitting at the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago, and the table near ours ordering fajitas. When their food arrived, the people screamed, “Oh my God!” and cursed. (Fajitas arrive steaming and sizzling) They probably never ordered those before, but still…it was a funny overreaction. (in the moment)

If I had to give a ranked position in a five-round bracket tournament with no consolation match, here’s how I would go:
  • First place goes to whoever wins all five rounds.
  • Second place goes to whoever wins the first four rounds, but loses the last round.
  • Third place goes to whoever wins the first three rounds, but lost to the overall winner in the fourth round.
  • Fourth place goes whoever wins the first three rounds, but lost to the person who lost the final round in the fourth round.
  • Places 5 to 8 goes to the others who made it to the third round, but lost the third round. The better their opponent did, the higher their position.
  • Places 9 to 16 goes to the others who won the first round, but lost the second round. The better their opponent did, the higher their position.
  • Places 17 to 32 goes to the others who lost the first round. The better their opponent did, the higher their position.
So if you lost the first round, then your opponent lost the second round, and their opponent loses the third round, and then that opponent loses the fourth round, and that opponent loses the final round, then you are in last place.

So is our country the only country in the world where schools don't have a uniform code?🤔

Last edited:
Falco is apparently somewhat based on Han Solo, which I never noticed, but it makes a lot of sense.

You know, even though I’ve never played a Star Fox game before

Back