Place your random thoughts.

The Simpsons Seasons 9-12 is like SpongeBob Seasons 4-5. They're not considered nearly as good as the golden age (every season before them), but they were still good enough for the OG fans to watch, who would leave after these seasons. These seasons of The Simpsons have three “jump the shark” moments, though. (The first two are more major plot points, so they'll be in spoilers if you want to watch them)

- Season 9 has The Principal and the Pauper, and it is one of the most hated and controversial episodes of the entire show, and definitely the most at that point. Principal Skinner, who'd been a pretty well developed character, is revealed to be an impostor the entire time, and the real Skinner was thought to be dead. In the end, the real Skinner is sent out of town and everyone promises to never speak of this again. Matt Groening (the show creator) and Harry Shearer (Principal Skinner's voice actor) hate this episode as much as the fans do, because they basically just completely ruin a character. For the most part, it isn't talked about again except for a few occasions, so I guess even the writers want to forget about it.

- Season 11 has Saddlesore Galactica. The A plot has the Simpsons rescue an abused horse from its owner, and have it participate races. After it keeps winning, Homer is threatened by the horse jockeys, who are actually elf like creatures, and threaten to kill Homer if Bart and the horse win any more races. Bart wins anyway, so the elf jockeys chase them but they trap them in a trash bag and leave them on the curb. If you think that sounds too outlandish to be the plot for a normal episode, a lot of people would agree with you. It would probably make more sense for a Treehouse of Horror, or hell, even a South Park episode. The writers were well aware of this, having meta references in the episode about this being the worst episode ever.

- Season 12 has Homer vs. Dignity. There's really only one scene that people think makes it qualify for this, which is Homer getting, uh, assaulted by a panda after having to dress up as a panda for Mr. Burns' amusement, who does nothing to help when this is happening. It's off-screen, but still. A lot of people thought this was another example of something that just isn't fitting for The Simpsons and would make more sense in South Park or Family Guy (in either case it probably would be on screen). There's more instances of vulgar humor in this episode than most Simpsons episodes, like Homer also having to dress up as a baby and pretending he shat himself, or a comment Comic Book Guy makes when eating Peeps.

Not very many people these days refer to years starting with 20 address it as “two thousand…” anymore, and instead address it as “twenty…”. I’m one of the few remaining people who still addresses years by the proper word form.

It made much less sense to say “twenty” to address years from 2000 to 2009 (and to an extent 2010 to 2012) since that would cause a confusion between those years and double-digit numbers. But since the 2010s, it went back to referring to the first two digits as a two-digit number since the last two digits are read as double digit numbers.

In the meantime, two-thousand twenty-three is almost over. Two-thousand twenty-four is near.

Has anyone else not set up their Christmas tree yet if they celebrate? We're only just doing it today.

So, adult animated shows. I like this genre of animation. Some of my favorite shows ever are from it. But for every South Park and Bojack Horseman, there's a Mr. Pickles and a Brickleberry. There's a huge difference between those first two and those last two. Especially between South Park and the last two. I feel like way too many adult cartoons in recent times just try way too hard to be as offensive as South Park is… while forgetting what makes that show good. It's not just shock humor, and it's more than just offensiveness just for the sake of being offensive. Also, South Park is actually funny. Shows like Paradise PD are just all shock value, and it's not funny. South Park is creative, unlike that last example. Even Drawn Together is better than this. Drawn Together may seem like just raunchy jokes (which a lot of it is), but, ourisde of season 3 and the awful movie, they find creative ways to make it actually funny, like building up to jokes. You can't just offend and expect people to laugh, viewers will just get sick of it. Anyone can have a character compare something to AIDS or put racism into their story, but it takes good writing to aid it and make you want to laugh. Or at least make me laugh. And it's because of shows like that that make people think all of adult animation is like modern Family Guy, when there are some that are better than that.

I’m still mad at TV.com for giving me a moderation at the last minute when I tried to go a whole month without getting moderated. I almost went an entire month without receiving a TOS warning after several consecutive months of receiving a TOS warning or two. But I failed on the last minute, and for the worst kind of offense (aka flaming). Whatever I was moderated for wasn’t even listed in the TOS. And it was in an area I never got moderated. Yeah, I was angry at my ban, but I was even angrier at how they gave me a warning at the last minute before it’s been a whole month without a warning.

Believe it or not, the day I joined TBT was the sixth anniversary I received that warning. So I covered up a bad date with a good date the next time it landed on a Tuesday.

been thinking about it all day and I think I may take a semi-hiatus. I do still plan on participating in the holiday event, but I think I've kinda drained my social meter a bit. of course I very much appreciate everyone who has talked to me and helped me get through whatever the hell I've been dealing with for the last week. but I have some things I need to work on and focus on, so I'll take a bit of time for myself. 💗

dear friends please reach out to me on Discord whenever you'd like, you guys are the best 🫶💕✨

Not very many people these days refer to years starting with 20 address it as “two thousand…” anymore, and instead address it as “twenty…”. I’m one of the few remaining people who still addresses years by the proper word form.

It made much less sense to say “twenty” to address years from 2000 to 2009 (and to an extent 2010 to 2012) since that would cause a confusion between those years and double-digit numbers. But since the 2010s, it went back to referring to the first two digits as a two-digit number since the last two digits are read as double digit numbers.

In the meantime, two-thousand twenty-three is almost over. Two-thousand twenty-four is near.
I always pronounce it like "two-thousand twenty-three" "two-thousand ten" etc. I didn't know people call it "twenty-twenty" "twenty ten" weird.

has anyone ever been to wingstop and is it any good?

Here are multiple different ways a trope can be played. The trope I'm using is Final Battle:

• Played straight - it's a completely normal final battle, with epic music and anything
  • Subverted - everything for the battle is set up… but it turns out there's actually another boss…
  • Double subversion - …but it's not actually another boss, it's just someone who's congratulating you
  • Averted - this is a hero story or a video game, but instead, it's a plot that doesn't involve a final villain. It's only an aversion because it's a hero story, so you'd expect this, but it doesn’t happen at all and isn't mentioned either
  • Parodied - the final battle is a roast battle instead
  • Deconstruction - the battle is the beginning of the movie and is the epic finale for the hero's story, but the rest of the movie focuses on how the townsfolk are affected by their town being destroyed, and wondering if having a hero to protect their town is worth it
  • Reconstructed - they realize that they'll die without someone to protect their town and that they have to live with this
  • Played for laughs - the villain is hyped up for the entire movie, but it's revealed that he's terrible at fighting and is beaten horribly
  • Played for drama - this is the hero's first ever battle, and the most violent one. Five years later, he's having PTSD and flashbacks because he can't handle the fact that he's killed someone, which is negatively affecting his ability to protect the town
  • Exaggerated - the battle is against an entire planet, which is destroyed in order for the hero to win
  • Downplayed - it is the final battle, but it's not really that epic. It just happens to be the last obstacle

Last edited:
Does this figurine look like an Animal Crossing character to you?

image.png

has anyone ever been to wingstop and is it any good?
Yes, and personally I love it but I have an unusual sense of taste so idk if I really have the right advice @.@
Does this figurine look like an Animal Crossing character to you?

View attachment 525450
Yes, it does! Fruit villagers would be really cute. I once saw a fanmade mushroom villager too. Garden crossing, anyone?

my favorite thing from a movie is when the main character will be running from room to room frantically looking for files/info they can dig up but they accidentally walk right into THE BIG BAD of the story waiting for their arrival.

Last edited:
Has anyone else not set up their Christmas tree yet if they celebrate? We're only just doing it today.
Sometimes it's just that way. I try to put it up as soon as I can. Usually December 1st or earlier because it's a lot of work putting it up, fixing, and decoration only to take it all down so soon. So I try to make it worth my time.

Back