Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
So for those who get periods!

When did you get your first one? Do you use pads, tampons, cups, etc? Any horror stories? Do you do anything to make your period less horrible?

Haha awesome thread. So many 12 year old boys are about to freak out. Anyways to answer your questions I was 12, I only use tampons (but have always wanted to try a cup), and to make them less horrible I take birth control and always have Naproxen near by.

Also I went to an all girls school from grades 2 -12 so I was really weirded out when I started post-high school life and all of a sudden everyone was uncomfortable talking about periods. In high school there was no discomfort talking about it all the time.

Last edited:
JgKjoVZ.gif

i have to take medication hours before or i cannot move because my cramps are so terrible, and i use tampons

i got it during school in 6th grade. thankfully, i was wearing black leggings and i dont think i got it anywhere. i actually did get it on a school chair once, oops. ive always used pads, tampons are too much of a hassle

i usually use pads, i havent had my period in over 2 years now

got it a month before i turned 13, i use pads bc easier imo, and i never get cramps so i'm ok lol , i talk about periods with anyone tbh , even guys , but they seem to get what it "feels" like bc sex ed so all is well

luv me some period talk. ok so i was on the pill because my cramp feels like someone has taken a chainsaw to my abdomen but i felt myself going through really intense mood swings (ok but what's new am i right) so i thought i'd stop it for a bit, kinda regretting that decision now. i got my first period at 13 and i use tampons.

eating is the only thing that makes me feel like their might be hope

I think I was 12 or 13? One time I woke up pretty late and I didn't have anything to eat for awhile. All of a sudden my cramps got so bad and I was breaking out into a cold sweat. My face was really pale and I couldn't even walk to the sofa so I had to lay of the floor lol. I ended up sleeping it off but I felt like I was going to die in my sleep or smt haha. I really need to buy a heated pad - those things are heavenly

I got my first period literally the day after I turned 11, while I was still in 5th grade. It didn't help that I had it in my Spongebob pajamas... I've always used pads, mostly the ones with wings due to thick thighs scrunching up the ones without. I used to never get cramps with my period up until I was 15, then I had to start taking iron tablets at the start of the month so I didn't get them.

When I first had mines I was throwing up and thought I was dying while my mom was just excited, "you got your first period!". I didn't know what a period was, I literally thought I was dying.

So due to that, everytime it's my time I'm always in such severe pain to the point I just throw up. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat in order to throw up to get relief. Painkillers don't work since I just throw that up. I do try drinking tea but that comes back out as well Orz. I think the only thing that works would be very hot bubble baths but sometimes I still feel like I'm dying lol. There's also been a imbalance with my cycle since I workout(gaining and losing weight can cause shifts?) so I'm never sure when it's coming on. There's also times when I skip my period? I'm not active in my sex life so I get scared in why this happens. If anyone knows feel free to tell me if you share a similar experience.

I got my period when I was 11. I had a lot of problems with my period during my first few years, because it was so irregular and so heavy. I would get two, sometimes three, extremely heavy periods a month. Things were so bad I couldn't leave my house during this time, and I would even have to miss entire weeks of school. My doctor was very concerned about my health so she put me on medication to stop my periods. Now I only get them four times a year and they're very light. I have to wear pads because I have vaginismus.

When I first had mines I was throwing up and thought I was dying while my mom was just excited, "you got your first period!". I didn't know what a period was, I literally thought I was dying.

So due to that, everytime it's my time I'm always in such severe pain to the point I just throw up. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat in order to throw up to get relief. Painkillers don't work since I just throw that up. I do try drinking tea but that comes back out as well Orz. I think the only thing that works would be very hot bubble baths but sometimes I still feel like I'm dying lol. There's also been a imbalance with my cycle since I workout(gaining and losing weight can cause shifts?) so I'm never sure when it's coming on. There's also times when I skip my period? I'm not active in my sex life so I get scared in why this happens. If anyone knows feel free to tell me if you share a similar experience.

jeez. did you ever talk to a doctor about it? it sounds pretty severe.

I got my first period when I was ten or eleven, I remember I was at a summer day camp and we were at a park and I first noticed as I was going down the slide. I've always had really awful cramps to the point where I'd miss a few days of school each month because of them, so I went on the pill sometime last year and it's helped so much! I don't think I'll ever wanna get off of it.

jeez. did you ever talk to a doctor about it? it sounds pretty severe.

I have. She told me she was going to do some checkins to see if it isn't something threatening so she prescribe me go some medicine but I still throw that up as well.

ok I'm not a girl but I know this girl who had her period in class and she left a bloodstain on the chair

Everyone laughed at her tbh I felt pretty bad because all the boys were like "HAHAHAHHA"

thats a period story right?

Back