Peppy Villagers and Cranky Catchphrases

Chungus

Freshly Delivered Something Or Other
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Cherry (Fruit)
I noticed an interesting pattern between two of my New Leaf towns. The peppy villagers have appropriated the original catchphrases of the cranky villagers. For example, Maddie started saying “highness” after Cesar, and Felicity started saying “snarrrl” after Wolfgang.

What’s weird is that I’d changed Wolfgang’s catchphrase before Felicity adopted his old catchphrase. I wonder if it’s a bug in the game. Has something like this happened in your own playthroughs? Or is this a coincidence?

Could she have picked it up before you changed it without you noticing? Or maybe another villager had it from Wolfgang and she took it from them?

I've been playing NL more lately and noticed that they all change catchphrases and nicknames and greetings every day, so I wouldn't be surprised if that data got mixed around and stored somewhere for them to access when changing their speech without asking lol

I’m not sure to be honest! So far in this play through, all my villagers have been keeping to their unique catchphrases (even the ones I’ve been giving them, myself, haven’t spread). The only instance is Felicity (though she finally asked me to change her phrase!)

Well, I haven't experienced that, but I did see the inverse happening with Anicotti, Static, and Monty (with Static & Monty using Anicotti's catchphrase).

Back