• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Particles under 3DS screen

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
My bottom 3DS screen has particles stuck under it. I’m pretty sure it’s only one, but how do I get it out. Preferably a way that isn’t really complicated.

Unfortunately cleaning particles from under the bottom screen is fairly complicated. I’ve done it before without problem but I’ve taken apart several handheld consoles at this point.

You basically have to open the console up and remove several components including the motherboard to get to the bottom screen. Then the bottom screen has to be carefully pried apart as it is glued to the touch screen digitizer which is the piece you touch on the outside of the console with your stylus as particles get stuck between the two.

If you are not comfortable with disassembling electronics best to just deal with it or find someone you know who would be willing to do it for you. Sorry I can’t be much more help.

If it had been the top screen it would be much easier but unfortunately you can’t do the same for the bottom. As for the top you just carefully warm up the top with a hairdryer and pull the plastic cover off with a suction cup. No opening of the console needed.

Back