• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Organic Town lol

remiaphasia

Bells
So on a whim I deleted one of my towns. I spent two days borrowing my roommate's 3DS so I could move all of my items and my flowers into my second town and deleted it. It was my town with the most play time and the largest tree! But I decided that I wanted to attempt to play my town organically. I'm so used to planning out every little bit of the town that it felt more like a chore. So I was going to do this differently...minimal time travel, no plot resetting, no tricks, no die; that I would spend hours looking for the perfect map with rivers just so, with the cutest villagers, et cetera. That I would take a town slightly flawed and learn to love it.

That lasted until day 4 when Paula and Lionel decided to build their houses directly next to mine (subsequently blocking access to the town hall). FFS I dislike Paula so much lol.

Back to square one. But with only a little bit of plot resetting >_>

Please share your similar experiences with me :p

omgosh I want to restart my town and stop all the time traveling and resetting. I feel like the hours I have on ACNL are mainly time traveling, resetting plots, trying to kick out villagers, earn the most bells, and not even enjoying this game.

I have a feeling when I reset, I am going to 'cheat' a little tiny bit lol.

I'm pressured to cycle villagers, but that is the only time where I am allowed to time travel. I'm really tempted not to plot reset, but all those hours will really pay off ♡

right now, all my focus is to spam talking for max friendship for PWPs, diving for 5min and waiting for pings, and TTing for bush starts while reading manga lol
but i have never once plot resetted...and i still hate stitches house placement

Last edited:
My 1st town Rosewood is so over developer and micromanaged that it really felt stressful keeping its aesthetics up and denying villagers tasks made me feel like a bad friend, so in my 2nd town I decided I wasn't going to care where anyone's house was, who moved in, or where. I wasn't going to put paths so I wouldn't stress about villagers putting houses on them, and let me tell you doing all that made me feel free! It was wonderful!

That was until 8 of my most favorite villagers moved into town and now I once again must stress on keeping them there :( Not to mention I HATE hate hate haaaaaate where I put my mayor's house. I thought it was ok at first but putting it 2 spaces off from a forward facing cliff makes for a horrible exit plan. I get so claustrophobic now I wish I could move it X.x)

I have a new town that I'm doing the same with. I started off with three deer villagers, and I liked them so much that I decided to get all deer in that town. That was not my plan when I first started it. It is a bit hard because I'm not crazy about the map and I'm not sure if I like my mayor and town name as much now, but I'm going to keep it and work with what I have. I also decided to earn bells rather than sell tbt or send over bells from my other towns. This is making progress go really slow, but It will keep me playing longer.

Have fun with your new town. :)

When I first read your title I had ideas of "Organic Town" as a theme. Like hippie villagers plowing the land for bamboo...

I'd love to build a town like that haha!!

I totally understand the desire for an organic town. In my current bear town of Rumble I Plotted everyone until Groucho moved into my forest. And then I just gave up. I'll keep everyone where they are right now, but plot resetting is so stressful.

I like a little bit of plot resetting. Like if they are in a general area, then ok, fine, work with it. But when you are trying to get a villager into a perfect 3x3 square and no where else? Talk about stress.

I'm sorry you dislike Paula. I have a few villagers I'm not fond of, but Paula is one of my favorites (um yeah like my profile pic)
I just want to say I'm not offended at all and I totally respect your honesty.

Good luck on your organic town!! :)

Honestly, I can't play that way. I respect those who do, don't get me wrong - but I played that way for my last town, and it became very disheartening. I hated how little space there was in the town. All of my villagers planted themselves in really inconvenient spots. My house was right in front of a cliff, so I couldn't really decorate around the outside at all. I wish that I could just play Animal Crossing the way it was "meant" to be played... but I have the type of personality where everything has to be just perfect. ;_; So this time around, I'm plot resetting, diving for PWPs, accepting requests for bugs/fish/furniture but never carrying them through, time traveling, etc. and I'm actually much happier with the results so far. I can't wait to create a town where I can feel completely comfortable creating a dream town, inviting friends over, and generally just having good feelings about it. I wish you luck with your organic town, though! I really hope that it works well for you.

I'm respecting your choice but as yukikotobuki said I couldn't do it - for me TT'ing, looking at what store have that day and buying it, then going forward, messing with clock to build town faster or catching rare bugs on island, pinging for pwp's and for moving villagers out, plot resetting etc. is my biggest fun in this game - sadly I'm not the one who gets fun by sitting on a bench between trees or running around in circles for 15mins and then calls it a day, as that aspect of the game is really boring for me. There are many ways to play, and yours is quite different than mine - I wish you good luck with your town :)

PS. Well to be frank, there's one thing that's "organic" in my town as I didn't really started my game with all informations and I just started playing with first map that game threw at me that day (didn't knew I can reset it) and franky it sucks (I guess it's one of the smaller ones) but I'm trying to make best use of that limited space I have.

Back