• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Orange screen?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
So while Im playing my side switch my screen suddenly went bright orange and heated up

So I tried to let the power drain so it would die and hopefully be back to normal. 24 hours later its still got an orange screen and is super hot

I left it came back but when I tried to play AC it went orange again and its hot again. Im letting it die again but thats not a good sign.

So this is an old switch, ive had it for a while, so its not exactly in ship shake condition but was still playable. But im currently looking at a neon orange screen and have no idea what to do aside let it die again then maybe give it a day till trying it again?

I was gonna try launching a different game to see if it was just AC and other games worked. But im curious if anyone has any advice or experience with a neon orange screen.

If it's causing the system to heat to uncomfortable temperatures, then it sounds like a hardware failure of some kind. I would advise against trying to play it again--to avoid damaging the system further--and sending it to Nintendo for repairs if it's still under warranty. Otherwise, the system might be toast for now, unfortunately.

Last edited:
If it's causing the system to heat to uncomfortable temperatures, then it sounds like a hardware failure of some kind. I would advise against trying to play it again--to avoid damaging the system further--and sending it to Nintendo for repairs if it's still under warranty. Otherwise, the system might be toast for now, unfortunately.
Probably right, I kinda set it to the side on a flat service and seeing about getting it repaired. Im just not gonna touch it till then. It died but Im not gonna do anything with it.

But yeah it might unfortunately be toast.

Probably right, I kinda set it to the side on a flat service and seeing about getting it repaired. Im just not gonna touch it till then. It died but Im not gonna do anything with it.

But yeah it might unfortunately be toast.
Seems that way. Sorry. I hope you can get it repaired soon.

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, make sure the Switch is turned all the way off (holding down the power button until you get the option rather than just putting it to sleep) to minimize any idle damages.

Back