Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
I was reading on the web about the amiibo cards that will be out at the same time as this game. It turns out the first planned lot will be sold at about 3$ (300 Y) for 3 cards in Japan. But there are only 100 cards in that lot !

I'm astonished Nintendo would only get 100 cards out. I mean, there are over 330 different villagers in Animal Crossing without the NPC that have jobs (like Isabelle, Tom Nook, etc.)

Lots of characters will be missing if that turns out to be true.

Source : Amiibo News Twitter account

Last edited:
Cards are easy to manufacture.
Hopefully 100 is in volume 1...
Then they can have vol 2 vol 3 ect.
I'd want a card for each of my Dreamies, and my Dreamies aren't everyone else's Dreamies!
If they had 1 card for each villager and all the other animals in the game fans would want to collect them all?!

I'm actually pretty bummed to hear there will only be 100 cards. I want to collect them all, I feel that all the villagers deserve a little love. :c

There's going to be more than 100.

The first 100 are part of series 1. Just like how the smash amiibo are released in waves, the cards are going to be released in series.

There's going to be more than 100.

The first 100 are part of series 1. Just like how the smash amiibo are released in waves, the cards are going to be released in series.
That's really good to hear.
Any information on wether or not they will be in random packs?

That's really good to hear.
Any information on wether or not they will be in random packs?

random, they'll be sold in these packs, where you can't see what's inside;

animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-05.jpg

and the number 1 in the house up the top left is for the series. If they were only planning on doing one series then they wouldn't include the series number

It's because they'll release more series.

My bet is they'll release 4 series because there was 4 series of e-Reader cards and 4 series of millefeui cards.

It's because they'll release more series.

My bet is they'll release 4 series because there was 4 series of e-Reader cards and 4 series of millefeui cards.

there'll probs be 4 series coz theres 333 villagers in NL, so if they do 100/pack thats 3 series of 100 from the get go, then there's still the NPC characters (providing most of them get cards), so there'll probably be four series. Even if they don't go 100/100/100/whatever, they could easily go something like 100/100/75/75

Last edited:
maybe the other characters are already in the game since its a full price game?
but idk could be wrong..
or are the villagers that are present in the game random?

werent there cards like this for the gamecube games too? how did they handle it there?

but i suppose we get loads of news on this at e3.. curious if there's more new npc's like an axolotl family etc..

Last edited:
maybe the other characters are already in the game since its a full price game?
but idk could be wrong..
or are the villagers that are present in the game random?
well, what i've always seen is that the villagers houses you design will be random, but if you have the amiibo card you can just scan their card and you'll be able to decorate their house instead of waiting for the RNG to be godly.

That's just how I've seen it though, we have nothing on it though, so I could be totally wrong.

Back