• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Online MMO Recommendations

Hehehe Final Fantasy XIV! You can play the free trial if you only download that and don't buy anything else. You can play said free trial for as long as you'd like then. The story isn't v engaging until Heavensward (for me I didn't like Heavensward until the patches even then I Really liked it). But I love the battle system, crafting system, playerbase, and how the game itself respects your time so you can play very casually (*looks at WoW* it's not like That). I fell in love with it's plot in the Heavensward patches and didn't put it down since.

I remember enjoying Aura Kingdom at one point. It was better than most of the free-to-play ones on Steam, anyway. If you've ever played World of Warcraft, it's like that, but with anime... and panties if you look hard enough. N-not that should influence your decision to try it out, I mean, I just... I just wanted to point out in case there were children present that... you know... urgh...

You know what, MMO's are bad, actually, I don't recommend them.

I don't know if this game is still around, but I remember Spiral Knights also being pretty fun if you have someone to play with, though kind of miserable alone.

So my spouse recently found this game and we are trying it out. I really enjoy it and would only recommend it if you have someone to play it with because it is currently tedious and time consuming and its nice to talk to someone while hunting. It is called Pokemon MMO 3D. There isn't much to the game so far yet. It has pokemon from gen 1-2 and you basically just catch pokemon and do wild pokemon battles. You can battle players too but that is as far as battling goes. There isn't a story yet and there are only a few areas. The battles are in the overworld and you control your pokemon in real time battle as if you are the pokemon. The wild pokemon are randomly spawned in an area so you will have to do lots of battles to get a rarer pokemon to potentially spawn (the time consuming part). The game is made by one person and honestly I think it is pretty good for what it is. There are also pokemon under water that you can find. Like in canals and oceans. They do events pretty frequently it seems. The events consist of an increased spawn of select hard to find pokemon for a time period in certain areas. Shiny pokemon are also included.

Back