One of the cutest things I have ever witnessed !

Bells
I haven't really got to know Gayle very well as she originally wasn't one of my dreamies. But as I ran past her she pinged and I went to talk to her, she told me that she really looks up to me and that I'm really special to her! She said that she's always wanted a best friend and now she's got one! There is no WAY Gayle is leaving my town now, I'm keeping her forever! She's even replacing the thought I had about obtaining Flurry! What I don't really understand though is why she said that. I don't really know her very well as I haven't talked to her very much and I haven't done any jobs for her, any ideas as to what this means?

(Maybe she knew what you were thinking.... just kidding!)

I don't remember if she ever said that to me, but awww. :)

I think it has something to do with their personality. Some villagers just click right away and some just take longer to befriend. I've had Peewee (cranky) as a starter and he has treated me the same for the past few months. When Zell (smug) moved in all he did was give me things and ping at me all: the time. Now he calls me his best friend and says the sweetest things to me. Also invites himself in my house often and writes me letters every other day.

I've always wondered if astrology played a role in determining that kind of stuff. Not "real life" astrology, of course, but in the game- each villager's birthdate and sign is mentioned on their photographs, and since you need to state a birthdate, the game could take a look at the zodiac sign associated with it and determine which villagers you would most likely click with. Something similar was done ages ago in Final Fantasy Tactics, though the effects of that compatibility were very different.

I am not a believer in astrology, but I do know that most of my townies are "water" signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces), like my mayor , and that most of the villagers that have asked to move out have been "earth" signs. And the animals that were most friendly to me were ones that would be considered astrologically compatible. Could be a complete coincidence, but I still wish we knew for sure if they had implemented any mechanics along those lines.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if astrology played a role in determining that kind of stuff. Not "real life" astrology, of course, but in the game- each villager's birthdate and sign is mentioned on their photographs, and since you need to state a birthdate, the game could take a look at the zodiac sign associated with it and determine which villagers you would most likely click with. Something similar was done ages ago in Final Fantasy Tactics, though the effects of that compatibility were very different.

I am not a believer in astrology, but I do know that most of my townies are "water" signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces), like my mayor , and that most of the villagers that have asked to move out have been "earth" signs. And the animals that were most friendly to me were ones that would be considered astrologically compatible. Could be a complete coincidence, but I still wish we knew for sure if they had implemented any mechanics along those lines.

That could be a reason! You know, when you wear your lucky item for the day and the villagers change their dialogue. ^^

I haven't really got to know Gayle very well as she originally wasn't one of my dreamies. But as I ran past her she pinged and I went to talk to her, she told me that she really looks up to me and that I'm really special to her! She said that she's always wanted a best friend and now she's got one! There is no WAY Gayle is leaving my town now, I'm keeping her forever! She's even replacing the thought I had about obtaining Flurry! What I don't really understand though is why she said that. I don't really know her very well as I haven't talked to her very much and I haven't done any jobs for her, any ideas as to what this means?

Gayle was one of my original villagers and she did the same thing to me. Just like you, she is NEVER leaving my town. I talk to her several times a day and give her all the rare items she wants, but she has yet to give me her picture. So sad. Her picture is the one I want the most. Even if she never gives me her picture, she is my best friend and I'll never let her move out.

I'm glad it's easier to befriend characters in the game now. Or at least it's more realistic. In the other games, characters would move away even if you were as thick as thieves.

I think it has something to do with their personality. Some villagers just click right away and some just take longer to befriend.

i've read this about uchi's. i think they befriend you the fastest if i'm not mistaken? 'cause it didn't take me that long to befriend flo at all.

i've read this about uchi's. i think they befriend you the fastest if i'm not mistaken? 'cause it didn't take me that long to befriend flo at all.

Huh?

Shari is like NEVER around town. Even when I do talk to her, she just complains about seeing me too much after talking to her a second time.

I find normal villagers the most easy-going.

Huh?

Shari is like NEVER around town. Even when I do talk to her, she just complains about seeing me too much after talking to her a second time.

I find normal villagers the most easy-going.

I don't think they're complaining. When they say, "Why do you keep talking to me for?", it seems like it's more out of some sort of insecurity and not out of rudeness. Phoebe does that too and we're best friends. :/

Back