Green Candy
Red Candy
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Yellow Candy
Chocolate Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pokéball
Lucky has picked up on someone else's catchphrase. This wouldn't be a problem, normally... except he picked up a catchphrase from Olivia. Her catchphrase is purrr. I now have a dog that purrs...

Pahaha. Apple picked up Grizzly's catchphrase (and he moved out aaaaages ago), grr. I have a cute little hamster that growls at me.

Axel who's an elephant picked up Wolfgang's old catch phrase. I have an elephant who snarls a lot haha.

In my old town everyone said cheesepuff, even months after the villager who the phrase belonged to left.

And you ask why I reset my town.

Poppy the squirrel picked up Tipper's catchphrase; pushy. It's... Weird. And, I have Frita, who had picked up Katt's catchphrase, and says purrty. >.<

Oh, my! I had wondered if that was only me who got the mixed catchphrases. I got Willow to say, "Imawhiner" just for lulz, and now Coach and Deli are saying it. Lol!

And when Claudia said, "Iwhinealot", a few others picked that up, too.

Oh, and having elephants and a bull say "snoink" is just too weird...

I had no idea that the villagers would steal each others' phrases. However, they DO say, when you help them, that they wonder how long it would take others to steal it.

Last edited:
The only one I can think of now is Muffy using Whitney's catchphrase, woof. I gave it to Whitney since I thought it was fitting, and I guess Muffy caught on. ._.

Hahahaha :D I hate it when my villagers pick up each others catchphrases T.T Zell picked up Olivia's, too (so I have a deer that purrs...). But not just once, no, TWICE! T.T Olivia is having a bad influence on him. Well, I guess it can't be helped. Zell simply is a ladiesman :p

i made genji go "b-baka!!" in my old town and then eventually everyone started going "b-baka!!" and it was so terrible omg

I think it was Beardo who used to pick up on everyone's catchphrase. That was awful. He picked up "baaaaaawesome" from Vesta. >_<

Lol! That's awesome. So far, my Lucky hasn't picked up anything strange like that. Now I kinda want to make the catchphrase a cat noise just because it would be funny.

Thats so funny, I try to get everyone to say I love you or kisses this way it fits everyone. plus it makes the grumpy ones more loveable.

I just had an awful thought...when you give a villager a catchphrase and then you give them away, do they take it with them to their new town??? *cringe*

I just had an awful thought...when you give a villager a catchphrase and then you give them away, do they take it with them to their new town??? *cringe*

Yep, they do. Zell's catchphrase was "ZEEELLLL" when I first talked to him after adopting him from another town. :p

Lucky picked up Ankha's 'cataculious' phrase at some point and there was a brief 'blurp' infection after Marina moved in.​

Ugh lol.

My marshal picked up diana's catchprhase.. Which was "Girlfriend" :( now it seems weird when he says it to me.

Ugh lol.

My marshal picked up diana's catchprhase.. Which was "Girlfriend" :( now it seems weird when he says it to me.

Marshal is showing his feminine side!?!?! J/K, that's so funny.

I've barely started my town and 3 of my villager's now say "Sugga Pop" which is the catchphrase that I gave Chief to make him less threatening.

I made Roald say "ice cold" and greet me with "alright" (you're awesome if you remember this song), but now Melba is doing it. It's not for you, Melba! You are a koala!

Back