• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Oh God, Help....

princesskyndal

Trainwreck Spice Cake
Bells
Switch
2761-3213-0922
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
SO. I recently asked Bruce to move into my town.
On the day I knew his plot would appear, I plot reset maybe 10 times and his house STAYED in the same spot every time. I didnt mind it, so I just let it stay and assumed I didnt need to save since it was exactly there every time.
LONG STORY SHORT: lil cutie Bruce plopped his house down FOUR MEAGER SQUARES in front of my police station. I mean, dead on, man. How do I make it look cute, because obviously getting Bruce out isnt an option?

lol dude I keep seeing your username and the things you post and I always giggle.
Definitely cant loose the bruce.

ha... that happened to me with Coco but I kept resetting cause I wasn't sure if she was staying forever in front of my house =_=; needless to say she moved somewhere else perfectly after like the 20th try. But you should always save even though they appear the same spots so they wont randomly move somewhere else again.

I'd recommend finding someone to keep him in their town and moving him back in. That's the best advice I have. Preferably someone you know well and trust. :D
If you really don't want to do that, put a path right between them and flowers on both sides? It'll look like a little road.

Keaton has been right in front of my police staion for a year and a half. I just had to deal with it. Can't tear down the station, and can't get rid of the bird.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd recommend finding someone to keep him in their town and moving him back in. That's the best advice I have. Preferably someone you know well and trust. :D
If you really don't want to do that, put a path right between them and flowers on both sides? It'll look like a little road.

The path is a good idea. Sometimes things arn't as bad as they seem.

Think about how much of a Dreamie Bruce is for you, then decide to keep him or to give it to someone to keep him for you and cycle him in again.

I am awful at cycling or getting my villagers to move in general, I've got a lot to learn. I think i'll give the paths a try, they're in a less trafficked area of my town so I think I can get away with closing it off a bit. I'll try to post a screenshot later this afternoon once i'm off work!

I would just deal with it. I always found the experience is more real if you don't plot reset and just accept things as they come. :)

Plot resetting is when you turn on the game on a day when you have less than 9 villagers or after you just asked a villager to move in to your tenth slot! You turn on the game and open a New Save file! After you get out of the train station, run around and look for the new roped off plot. If you like where it is, save your new character. If not, power off the DS and try try try again! Itll take a while. Be patient.

Keaton has been right in front of my police staion for a year and a half. I just had to deal with it. Can't tear down the station, and can't get rid of the bird.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The path is a good idea. Sometimes things arn't as bad as they seem.

I would go with the path idea as well. I know it seems immensely frustrating now, but you can make the best of it by landscaping around it. Tell yourself the police station actually set up behind Bruce because he had a reputation as a troublemaker in his youth and they're keeping an eye on him. Or like... BRUCE: PAROLEE. Maybe he moved so close to the police station as a way of keeping himself in check ;P Just have fun with it.

I'd go with landscaping to make it look nicer, you could add a path or make a design out of flowers. It's probably something that can be worked with, at least :) I'm sorry if this isn't very specific advice, but I don't really know how it looks and where it is exactly, so I can't come up with more ideas.

The police had to be so close so I dont "Loose The Bruce" as Le Lenny so eloquently stated. Hahaha!

Back