• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nuclear War

A mindless new report reported that there is a 0.2% chance that the end of the world will be this year. How is it even possible to predict an apocalypse when it was never happened before?

A mindless new report reported that there is a 0.2% chance that the end of the world will be this year. How is it even possible to predict an apocalypse when it was never happened before?

Source? Everyone seems to like predicting the end of the world but they all never come true.

Sorry but people have been delivering the "end of the world" for as long as history as been a thing. Soo.. I'm 0% worried.

We literally just passed one two days ago. Tbh I wonder why so many people post guess dates about this topic. There's gotta be a benefit I'm missing.

I mean it's not really a prediction

just "hey there's a chance for it based on these real-world factors", which is kinda undeniably true

of course I've no clue how they came up with the seemingly arbitrary number, but the risk is technically there (on a level probably greater than just "freak act of space/nature kills us all") so

either way, it's nothing I'd worry much over. the apocalypse will come anyways regardless, rather it's by mankind's own self-destruction, space/nature, or something else entirely. so fretting over could-bes isn't going to do anything

Last edited:

just "hey there's a chance for it based on these real-world factors", which is kinda undeniably true

of course I've no clue how they came up with the seemingly arbitrary number, but the risk is technically there (on a level probably greater than just "freak act of space/nature kills us all") so

Look don't mess with drunk people with a destro-ision is all I'm saying. Nice to think people will be careful with it, but tnh if you push someone they'll talk about they'll it..

Last edited:

either way, it's nothing I'd worry much over. the apocalypse will come anyways regardless, rather it's by mankind's own self-destruction, space/nature, or something else entirely. so fretting over could-bes isn't going to do anything

I doubt it will happen in our life time.

Look don't mess with drunk people with a destro-ision is all I'm saying. Nice to think people will be careful with it, but tnh if you push someone they'll talk about they'll it..

are you that drunk person? because I'm seeing words that have meaning but don't think they actually have much coherence in being strung together

I'm more worried of us humans doing something ******** than nature. To me, another war is more likely to destroy or badly hurt our population than say, a meteorite.

I doubt it will happen in our life time.

I'm pretty sure this is literally what every generation will think until it does happen

not to discredit you or anything but just, you know

(hell, not even just apocalypse, "x bad thing surely won't happen to me" *x bad thing happens to them* seems to be a running theme of humanity. we're a weird species in our deniability, and honestly if it wasn't for how tenacious humanity is in its existence I feel we'd of been wiped out long ago already)

If you google "end of the world" you get a lot of different thoughts. Lots are religious ones.

I'm more worried of us humans doing something ******** than nature. To me, another war is more likely to destroy or badly hurt our population than say, a meteorite.

same

no idea when or if it will happen, but my current stance is "humanity will perish by its own hands, rather directly or indirectly"

beyond that, I'd hazard a guess at the sun dying out in the distant future being the cause (provided the earth can even sustain life by then)

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you google "end of the world" you get a lot of different thoughts. Lots are religious ones.

humanity creates religions, establishes a history of destruction in the name of those religions, and at the very end brings about the apocalypse their religions never could, all the while still clinging to their religions to the very end

Back