• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(NSMBW) Sparkling File-Star?

MasterM64

🍀 Mayor of PARADISE 🍀
Bells
Switch
4379-5352-7409
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
In NSMBW, the Profile Star that I recieved for beating Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. Wii is Sparkling and it isn't solid. I looked at it 15 minutes straight once just to make sure my mind wasn't tricking me. Does anyone know why my File Star is sparkling and not solid?

Maybe its because I either (1). NOT use Super Guide yet or (2). I haven't gotten a GAMEOVER yet up to this point.

Does anyone know why?

You have a star on the file, too, right? It's part of the game. You can get up to five stars on your file. The requirements are:

Star 1 - Beat the game (you can use Warp Cannons)
Star 2 - Collect all 24 Star Coins in World 9
Star 3 - Beat every "normal" level in the game (you don't need to find secret goals)
Star 4 - Collect all 207 Star Coins in the first 8 Worlds
Star 5 - Beat every level, find every secret goal and use all of the Warp Cannons and Mushroom Houses

Tyeforce, i have the DS version. Should i get the wii version? I mainly wont be playing multiplayer

Palad said:
[n,Nov 21 2009, 03:14:26 AM]Tyeforce, i have the DS version. Should i get the wii version? I mainly wont be playing multiplayer
YES!!!!! It's a LOT better than the DS version, and if you liked the DS one, you'll love this one 100 times more. It's completely different, and A LOT harder.

I think that counts even if the block appears because I've had it appear numerous times and my star doesn't sparkle. :( STUPID SUPER GUIDE! (comic book guy voice) worst idea ever.

by the sounds of it though, if the super guide appears, your star looses its sparkle. I bet there is a way to redeem yourself to get a sparkley star, there's always another way.

Shadow Jolteon said:
The sparkling star signifies that you have not used the Super Guide even once while playing. I think you get a Super Guide Block icon if you do use it, but I'm not completely sure on that... ^^ Congratulations! =3

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=3467194 (Last post of the page.)
Thanks Shadow Jolteon, ^_^ Getting through NSMBW without spawning Super Guide is REALLY HARD to do. I still need to beat Worlds 7 & 9 and collect all star coins in Worlds 5,7,and 9.

Tyeforce said:
Palad said:
[n,Nov 21 2009, 03:14:26 AM]Tyeforce, i have the DS version. Should i get the wii version? I mainly wont be playing multiplayer
YES!!!!! It's a LOT better than the DS version, and if you liked the DS one, you'll love this one 100 times more. It's completely different, and A LOT harder.
agreed

Back