• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

No more Amiibo cards?

Repeating what I said in another thread about amiibo cards, I got super lucky. I completed all 5 of my sets plus Sanrio for approx $210--final total I arrived at between buy/sell/trade. But...I started collecting cards when they were released with HHD, so I had a full year and a half head-start than most. A friend of mine sent half of series 1 for free way back when everyone thought no one would want them. Three of my sets are Japanese imported(series 2, 3, and WA). I found Sanrio, all 6 for $12 way back when they were released...I bought a few for myself and my friends. Everything else I couldn't find in a pack, I traded for, and no matter what, I never paid more than $2 for a card.

I'll say what I said before: don't try to outright buy popular cards, 'cause you can't find them for cheap anymore; trade for them instead. It's easier and waay cheaper. Check out the amiibo card trade post section of the TBT. Never had a bad trade there, and because of the ratings system it's mostly safe. For unpopular/less sought after cards, ebay is good for those. They usually range anywhere between $1 to $3, with free shipping. As for Sanrio? Etsy should have you covered. Easier and cheaper than paying scalpers, and they work just as great. I got a 9 pack set of custom cards from Etsy of the figurine villagers, and I couldn't be happier.
Want WA villagers?Look into importing JP cards. People overlook them because they think they're too different, but all cards from every region carry the exact same info when scanned. I got all 50 WA cards+extras for $75, and sold the extras for a reasonable price(I didn't scalp them off), so the price justified itself. I even managed to collect all 16 AC figurines for $25, and have an extra box of Amiibo festival left over that I still don't know what to do with. :( I'm done collecting cards. In fact, I have a few unpopular cards left over from my collecting days that I'm now struggling to give away! :D
I hate when my posts get super long, so I'm gonna stop here. But yeah, try to change the way you look for cards, if you want to keep more money in your pocket. And stay off ebay when it comes to the likes of Marshal, Fauna, Marina, etc.

yeaaah, the game store where i live discontinued them ages, same with target and the like
there's only a few stores I know of that still has them, but they're no where near where i live.. i've had to result to buying singles from eBay and whatnot

Which ones? I can't find them in my town (we have Target, Big W, EB Games, and JB Hi-Fi).

I've seen them in stock at a couple of those places a while back online.

Most were in-store only.

My local game stores no longer stock ANY amiibo, only the dead stock animal crossing ones (non cards)

I enjoy the amiibo cards but feel the release timing was a bad idea. They should've released them alongside a new mainline game, I bet they would've been SUCH a hit if they just used their brains!

I hope they come back, as it would be fun to trade cards with freinds when AC Switch comes out. Also, for people like me who live in Europe, we never had the E-Reader, so it'd fun to have a home console, card collecting feature, like the E-Cards.

I never found the Amiibo cards in stores anyways. I was fond of them at first, but now I barely use them and they just sit there, it kind of makes me think that they're a waste of money. A cool idea would be for like blindbag mini Amiibo figures

I enjoy trading them & have easily a better time trading them on here & sometimes on tumblr!
BTW if you buy from amazon; you can add on up to 3 packs of series 4 animal crossing cards for their original price of 5.99 the other ones are going for over $10 a pack!
To my knowledge, I just ordered from Amazon about a week ago & you could still do it!

Around where I live, it feels like amiibo are being phased out in general. Which is weird, because new amiibo are still being produced, but last time I was at the only store in town that appears to still sell amiibo at all, they pretty much just had a whole bunch of Bayonetta's and then some of the amiibo that are bundled with a game like Chibi-Robo or Isabelle.

i get the fake cards because i suck
but they work fine and theyre cheaper where i dont have to pay a twenty for the freakin unicorn
the amiibo figures r cheap tho so im pleased about that, i love me some tom nook

You still can order them straight from nintendo......

Does anyone know if there?s anywhere in the UK you can buy them?

I bought a couple of packets online but got junk anyway

i went to toys r us and target, NO amiibos and NO cards
made me sad as heck, figured since they were so cheap online they'd be at the stores too

Back