No Man's Sky Discussion

namiieco

Bells
Switch
6908-4747-6475
I'm finally starting to actually enjoy it. It was a bit boring at first though.

It's sad seeing people demanding refunds :(

-i didnt pay for it because my mum works at sony so we got it for free lmao rip-

Last edited:
I'm thinking of cancelling my pre-order. I only threw $5 on it. My friend who bought a PS4 just for this game told me it wasn't worth the $60. From what he told me it sounds like it gets repetitive. He said he could eventually buy the resources he wanted without having to go on the other planets. It sounds like the universe is too big for wandering alone.

The PC port of No Man's Sky is complete trash. I'm running way above the min specs (Nvidia GTX 970, i7 4700k, 16GB DDR4 etc), and I'm having stuttering problems, it has audio issues, and the game does not look that great compared to the PS4. I don't think there a single person that runs No Man's Sky on PC without having stuttering or frames dropping. Thou, there will always be those people claiming they run it "just fine", but these are the same poeple that think that 40FPS is 60FPS because they "feel it". smh

So far from my experience, I don't like it, and I'm trying to force myself to like it. After a few hours, the game got really repetitive as everything looked the same. Not sure if I got really unlucky with the planets I've explored, but each one of them looks the same. Dry, empty, and boring.

I have really mixed feeling about this game, and the fact that the PC port is awful doesn't help it at all.

Last edited:
My boyfriend is the one who was super hype for it, I didn't think I'd like it but I'm really enjoying it.

We're playing the ps4 version, and it's running well for us. I'm not someone to care about graphics so whatever it's doing is fine. I started on an acid rain planet and explored my system - acid rain planet, hella radiation ocean planet, and a life support draining moon. I'm still having fun.

It's not for everyone tho. I wish there was more storage (COUGH LIKE SOME OTHER GAMES ACNL) and my boyfriend is in a system with many more npcs/more interesting monoliths. He's met like 100 aliens and I've met 5 so...lol. I went to a new system last night and I'm looking forward to exploring it more.

I think the cultural exploration part of the game is my favorite...you slowly learn more words and understand the npcs...I dig.

Sorry this was kind of rambley.

As I haven't played all that much yet I can't completely judge but I am enjoying what I've seen so far, though I'm thinking about restarting because I ran into the preorder ship glitch. I decided to go for the PS4 version. The planet I visited last was beautiful, lots of caves in the mountains full of glittering blue rocks and clear hot springs. My starting planet had high radiation but interesting plants and animals so I think I've been lucky so far.

Played a little bit since launch day and I'm really enjoying it so far. I love exploration games though were you sort of do what you like, so maybe that's why. The planets I've visited have all been beautiful so far, even the radioactive ones with weird creatures and no water :rolleyes:

Need to get the hang of fighting in space though - I got hijacked and couldn't even get one shot at them they just flew around me so fast. Then my PS4 crashed right after I died...

I never got very hype into this game and I'm personally enjoying it. It is really tedious and repetitive but it's so addicting and relaxing and I love the feeling of just being able to freely roam space and learning about the aliens so much that I don't really care about the tedium. I haven't had any crashes but I had a few minor bugs here and there. I don't think it's exactly worth the $60 dollar price tag in its current state, but maybe when new updates come that might help it. I heard they are working on base building next or something

Last edited:
It was way too ambitious for the technology we have now, especially for a small company.

I'm very intrigued by this game because I like open exploration but the price is definitely a deterrent. I might wait for a while and see what updates are made and watch some gameplay series. I hope Sips does one c:

So do you guys ultimately recommend that I pick this up?
I was staring at it for quite some time at my local GameStop before I sadly walked out with nothing in my hands.
I would be getting it for PS4 and the reviews seemed to be across the spectrum so I couldn't tell what I should do.

So do you guys ultimately recommend that I pick this up?
I was staring at it for quite some time at my local GameStop before I sadly walked out with nothing in my hands.
I would be getting it for PS4 and the reviews seemed to be across the spectrum so I couldn't tell what I should do.

I recommend the game at an asking price of 30 dollars or down. IMO, 60 dollars is wayyy too much for this game.

Did not bought into the hype, but was interested in the game's artstyle just before its release. Oddly enough, now I kind of want that game after watching post-release let's plays. The apparent repetitiveness of it just 'clicks' with me somehow after playing Elite Dangerous for so long.

Now I have mixed feelings about this game... maybe I should get it if they could somehow fix the PC port.

I don't know whether or not to get this game tbh. I mean, it looks cool, but there are so many other games coming out that look pretty awesome. The new Deus Ex comes out on the 23rd, and it looks pretty cool from what I've seen, and there's also The Last Guardian and the Skyrim remaster coming within the next few months

So, at the current price (?50) is it worth it, or should I just wait and get a different game?

I really want this game. After playing Mass Effect and being able to explore space a little bit, this game clicks with me. It has little combat, a lot of exploring and building ships and eventually bases. But like many people, I'm kind of not in a place to drop 60 dollars on a game. And I'm lucky that I live in an area that has a public library that lets you borrow video games. I'm currently on the waiting list for it and I can't wait to play it. If I really do like it and if my kid also likes it, I'll probably buy it for her upcoming birthday.

I live in an area that has a public library that lets you borrow video games
Damn, I wish I lived somewhere that did that. Best we get is comics.

Apparently they're doing an update that will 'make fans happy', but I'm not sure if they just mean fixing a bunch of bugs or what.

It's sad to see all the negativity No Man's Sky is getting. I've been really hyped over this game and I still am, I suppose. Hopefully they've been able to fix it up by the time I'm getting it (if I do).

tbh its only a small group of guys who made this, you cant expect everything in the world

60 is a bit of a price to ask though, id only pay up to 25 at the most

Last edited:
tbh its only a small group of guys who made this, you cant expect everything in the world

60 is a bit of a price to ask though, id only pay up to 25 at the most
Yeah the team is small but I really hate that excuse. They decided to do something that's way too ambitious for them and then hype it up with some things that didn't end up in the game like coop, procedural generation for everything and pretty graphics. You can't just do that and get away with it. What they did was exploit the wild imaginations of gamers by being vague and letting them fill in the blanks.

Also there are plenty of indie developers that have developed good games entirely by themselves, so it's not impossible for a small team to create a great game. Besides NMS was partly funded by Sony, so some argue that the game isn't even indie anymore. It's a game that tries to mark itself as AAA, so people have all the right to judge it as one, even if the team is small.

What gets me the most is that A LOT of people are saying that they feel like they got a different game that was shown and promised. While there is an upcoming update that claims to make all the players happy. I'd rather play it by ear. 60 dollars is a huge huge chunk of money if you're a broke collage student.

Back