• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

No longer able to turn 3DS on?

Bells
Winter Mittens
Pavé
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
So something inevitable happened. My 3DS refuses to turn on, at all.
I left it on charge, still on. But it had turned off itself, and refuses to turn on. When I shake it gently, it makes a rattling noise. Could that be an indication of anything?
Is there anything I can do at all? I wouldn't wish to spend too much money, as if it comes to it I will have to find a way to barter with my parents for a new 2DS :p

I'm assuming it's the original 3DS that you have? Not that has anything to do with it anyway. A rattling sound you say? Have you caused any damage to it in the past, if so, perhaps that may have something to do with it. When the 3DS is charging, are there any signals or lights that are still on or is it just completely dead? :)

Yes, original. A few scuffs on the outside, but no major damage. These are from a while ago. When it is charging, the charging light comes on.
Also after trying, the light came on, but the screen didn't light up, and it made a popping noise? I haven't caused any major damage, and this is very out of the blue

Ok so something odd has happened.
The light and Wireless light came on after a bit, along with a popping. After 5 minutes the 3DS came on. It appears to be working, but the acreen keeps going black at random times. Hmm

Thanks for your help! I think I know what the issue is, but I don't feel there is much point in fixing it at this point.

Back