No fog?

GnarlyGarden

Bells
I got on my island early this morning because Meteonook was predicting heavy fog and water fog. But I didn’t see any fog. The other weather conditions (clouds, rain) were right. Has anyone else run into that? I looked at pictures of fog online, and it seems pretty hard to miss.

Were you able to confirm that you have the correct weather seed with star times? I had issues when finding mine and got the wrong seed three times because I entered my data wrong.

Is the fog only at certain hours? Like early morning? I haven't experienced any fog yet, really. A bit over the water maybe. I thought it didn't come until later in the month, but maybe my island is just unusually sunny.

What time were you playing? The only time I’ve seen fog is at 7am.
Yeah, that’s when I got on to check.
Post automatically merged:

Were you able to confirm that you have the correct weather seed with star times? I had issues when finding mine and got the wrong seed three times because I entered my data wrong.
Yes, I had my issues with it, but I eventually got my weather seed. It’s spot on about everything else. Today is the first time I’ve gotten up early to look for the fog.

And, yes, there is supposedly fog, but not every day and only at 7 a.m.

there's a way to predict the weather in this game? bro. this is revolutionary what the heck.
i haven't seen fog either yet but i never play during the morning so that might be it. sucks that you can't seem to find it despite trying though

I've never used meteonook before so I can't help about the incorrect forecast. The time I saw my fog was at 7am as well. I happened to wake up early and thought "maybe today is a fog day"... and it was! It was so thick I couldn't see anything. It definitely felt like a weird disconnect with the upbeat 7am music though lol.

Third person with missing fog here! I’m 100% sure my weather seed is correct, as it predicts shooting stars down to the second. I did notice that MeteoNook says it was last updated with 1.4.0. My fog forecast was correct earlier this month, but this is my first fog incident since the 1.5.1 update — maybe the update messed with fog times?

AFAIK The creator of Meteonook no longer does ACNH coverage - so it's possible an update has altered the seeds.

Yes, I just checked and Meteonook is listed as being for version 1.4 - it hasnt been updated since 1.5 launched.

I don't care about weather seeds as it confuses me, but I see water fog most mornings around 6 - 7am. :)

I've only seen fog once when I was up playing a bit before heading in to a morning shift, I can't remember what time. is there anything in particular that happens/can only be done when there is fog??

Mine has thick fog and water fog today. Also on 7am.

It's purely aesthetic. A photo op.

Fog usually only occurs at 7 am, although it can linger into the 8 am hour even if you do go inside.

Water fog is a bit difficult to see. It looks like little wisps across the water and is easily mistakable for sunlight reflecting off the water.

As for heavy fog, I've definitely seen it outside the morning hours before a rain storm a couple times. The rain clouds produced a very noticeable layer of fog over my island. However, this may be random (like contrails) as the weather seed tool doesn't alert you to this. The only predictable time for heavy fog to occur is at 7 am.

Last edited:
Even if meteonook predicts fog, fog only happens after it rains, so if meteonook predicts heavy fog on a day where it will not rain before 7:00 am, there will not be fog. It can’t happen on a sunny morning.

Back