• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nirvana

loreiid

yeehaw
Bells
Mailbox
Today is the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death, so I decided to start a thread about one of my favorite bands "NIRVANA" Also, I'm sorry if there is another thread about it.

So, Montage of Heck is coming out, thoughts?

-watches all their albums rise from the ashes to the top of itunes- yea bad month for music, Kurt on the 5th and Lefteye on the 25th :((((

man RIP. i really love nirvana, they get alot of **** for having "simple songs" or whatever but they have great music and i love their live performances because theres just something about kurt's stage presence that i like. he had an amazing voice and ugh he was just great

I love Nirvana. Got pretty much all their cd`s and listen to them pretty much non stop. I read the biography Heavier Than Heaven as well.
I will definetly be on the look out for that documentairy you mentioned.

At first they were seen a little as the voice of a generation, but I guess now you can see them as more then that. To this day a lot of people can relate themselves to what they express on the stage.

In that sense Kurt is a rolemodel for me as well. You can think what you will of his choices, but he was a man with struggles who fought hardships his entire life. He was flawed and real. An underestimated musician with underestimated lyrics, even taking into account he himself stated the words didn`t matter that much to him, he still instilled songs with meanings only someone with genuine life experience could.

So in short I love that man. He is charismatic as hell as well!

It's really sad..they had a lot more they could've done and their music is so hazy and relaxing.

bump!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love Nirvana. Got pretty much all their cd`s and listen to them pretty much non stop. I read the biography Heavier Than Heaven as well.
I will definetly be on the look out for that documentairy you mentioned.

At first they were seen a little as the voice of a generation, but I guess now you can see them as more then that. To this day a lot of people can relate themselves to what they express on the stage.

In that sense Kurt is a rolemodel for me as well. You can think what you will of his choices, but he was a man with struggles who fought hardships his entire life. He was flawed and real. An underestimated musician with underestimated lyrics, even taking into account he himself stated the words didn`t matter that much to him, he still instilled songs with meanings only someone with genuine life experience could.

So in short I love that man. He is charismatic as hell as well!

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. I have a whole book of his journals, its jaw-dropping to see how his mind works, how he was so passionate about things. He was extremely complex and his journals prove that. (kinda cliche but eh)

I loved Kurt Cobain. He was against homosexuality. Why was he hanging around that big dried up queen RuPaul? Dress like a man Rup Paul you are a Man.

I loved Kurt Cobain. He was against homosexuality. Why was he hanging around that big dried up queen RuPaul? Dress like a man Rup Paul you are a Man.

He wasn`t against homosexuality. On the contrary, he was a very openminded individual, very liberal. He openly stated during a concert that he didn`t want racists or homophobes to buy his records.

If you knew anything about the man, you would also know he struggled with his own sexuality in his teens.

If you were just trolling then I salute you for wasting my time succesfully. If you were serious, you are not well informed.

Ahem. I think the RuPaul comment was a troll comment. Their username is Spanish for 'oranges eight you'...

I was really into Nirvana as a teenager. Unfortunately I kinda outgrew their music--not to say that they were bad, juvenile or anything but my taste in music has evolved a great deal since I was sixteen.

That being said I could still listen to In Utero all day every day.

I love the Oh, Me cover.

My favourite song is Lithium. I also love No Apologies and About A Girl. I also like the live version of Pennyroyal Tea (not the unplugged version).

I kinda love them all, lol. Lately I listen to Plateau a lot.

Back