• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nintendo is watching social media reaction to New Horizons.

LokiBoy

Bells
Switch
6289-4033-7515
Their was a French article that I no longer can find the link to that basically confirmed a bunch of other features a week or two ago that I came across more recently.

Basically in the article was an interview with one of the developers or a Nintendo employee. They mentioned in the interview that apparently Nintendo is watching how people react to New Horizons on social media.

If your hoping to make an impact in changes that are made to the game, I would recommend going onto twitter and hashtaging, Nintendo and tweeting exactly what your thoughts are on the game or even finding Nintendo's official announcements of the game and replying with changes you would like to see.

They are looking at people opinions and reactions to the new game and they are using them to make adjustments to what is currently developed.

If this is true then all our prayers will be answered and we’ll be blessed with an amazing game

It's a younger generation taking over Nintendo (and AC in specific) so this isn't super surprising

If they're really watchin social media them they need at put TTing back in the game I'm still upset about it

I feel like they're only doing this after that huge lash out with the Pok?mon people.

If they're really watchin social media them they need at put TTing back in the game I'm still upset about it

I feel like they're only doing this after that huge lash out with the Pok?mon people.

I doubt that they are doing it simply because of how people reacted to the Pokemon stuff. If you look at the recent changes being made within the company, their have a lot of really great changes being made by Nintendo that are more pro consumer. They have also made a lot of great decisions regarding how their games are made in order to make sure their employees are in good health. I think if you could compare the three major game companies (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) you would see that Nintendo has been making much more and better changes in regards to how the company functions, which is going to benefit consumers and their employees. I mean, just look at how transparent Nintendo has been with each of the delays of its major titles. They have made it very clear that they care more about their employees health than rushes a game to release. Meanwhile, a lot of the other gaming companies are releasing unfinished or broken games after a stressful crunch period, only to piss of the consumers and destroy employee morale.

any big company worth their salt these days will be paying attention to customer reactions, especially since people are VERY vocal about anything and everything on social media. people have definitely been talking about their worries about auto-save for example.

i'm not surprised. it feels like what we've already seen, fans have been clamoring for since they were introduced.

we need half-units like in HHD! let us put furniture outside! we're mayor, let us choose where villagers live! that has all already been confirmed for new horizons. i'm cautiously optimistic about the latest installment of animal crossing.

That's great to hear!! I really hope they listen, I don't think it's bc of pokemon. Yes Nintendo distributes Pokemon, but it's Game Freak who makes choices. On that note what do you guys want changed?

For me I want grass patterns and TTing fully back.

That's great to hear!! I really hope they listen, I don't think it's bc of pokemon. Yes Nintendo distributes Pokemon, but it's Game Freak who makes choices. On that note what do you guys want changed?

So far im happy with everything that has been released in the news or shown off. Nothing I would change, until I see the next trailer of gameplay.

Well, it's good to hear that they care what the fans say and think of their games. And who knows? Maybe
they even listen to some fans and their wishes?

Last edited:

TTing was not taken out of the game. It has yet to be confirmed; however; I don't think it needs need to.

1. "Time manipulation" was regarding Cloud Saves. Changing the clock is irrelevant to cloud saves.
2. No AC game in history had cloud saves, so disabling cloud saves means nothing for TTing
3. The game needs the system clock to sync the town to the correct time...
4. The game would need to be "Always Online" to stop #3.... It's not going to be.
5. Preventing clock changing is asinine. People move to different time zones.

Nintendo does a very good job listening to fans. When people asked for an open-world 3D Mario title, Nintendo listened. When people asked for a Zelda game like these modern adventure games, Nintendo listened. I bet they will listen to us over what we want in Animal Crossing.

TTing was not taken out of the game. It has yet to be confirmed; however; I don't think it needs need to.

1. "Time manipulation" was regarding Cloud Saves. Changing the clock is irrelevant to cloud saves.
2. No AC game in history had cloud saves, so disabling cloud saves means nothing for TTing
3. The game needs the system clock to sync the town to the correct time...
4. The game would need to be "Always Online" to stop #3.... It's not going to be.
5. Preventing clock changing is asinine. People move to different time zones.

Definitely this. I don't know why people assume that auto-save means TTing is gone. It means you most likely won't be able to undo something that happened after the auto-save, but it doesn't mean you can't travel backwards and forwards in time. It might mean the game won't let you continue when you set your system time to before your last auto-save, though I wouldn't know what they would do then, so I doubt that will happens as well. Could be they won't use the system time at all, who knows.

Definitely this. I don't know why people assume that auto-save means TTing is gone. It means you most likely won't be able to undo something that happened after the auto-save, but it doesn't mean you can't travel backwards and forwards in time. It might mean the game won't let you continue when you set your system time to before your last auto-save, though I wouldn't know what they would do then, so I doubt that will happens as well. Could be they won't use the system time at all, who knows.

I think people brought up Time Traveling in the discussion of autosaves is because autosaves forced you to play naturally. It’s basically telling you that there’s no reset button in real life, but only in the hard way. So they’ve been talking about if you were forced to play naturally in every way, that also means you can’t time travel. But I think autosaves were implemented to stop duping, which is unnatural to both real life and in video games.

Grass patterns are still there, the grass is just in a different style than in past games!

I get the feeling that TTing wont be a possibility in this game. I feel like the way to Tim works in the game wont be like past games.

I get the feeling that TTing wont be a possibility in this game. I feel like the way to Tim works in the game wont be like past games.

Can you come up with a model that shows how the game could possibly keep up with the date and time without the internet and without the system clock? Software cannot have its own clock. A system clock runs on an integrated circuit on the motherboard.

There is no possible way for the game to tell if the clock changed naturally or manually. When the game starts up, it will synchronize the time from the last save to the system clock, and make up the difference.

Again, I must stress: People move to different time zones. Restricting time change forces people to stay in wrong time zones, and if somehow the game goes out of sync, they are screwed for ever.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the big deal is about time traveling being gone. If it's like any other AC game you'll be able to change it in-game to whatever you want.

Last edited:
I mean Nintendo has always said that they analyze reactions on social media (not only Animal Crossing) this is not really new. They won't respond to fans though for some reason

I don't know, but I would imagine that it could be possible somehow. Maybe they WILL make the game always online? Maybe you can choose a time when you start the game and it gets locked after that? I dont know. I really hope time travelling isn't a possibility though.

Back